Okay.

My favorite Weezer lyric comes from Falling for you.

"What could you possibly see in little old three chord me"

and my least favorite is from Across the Sea...

"At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk"

Post yours!

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You don't think Rivers, a guy who knows how to speak both Chinese and Japanese knows that? If you take the rest of the lyrics into account you'd realise he messes up like that purposefully as a technique to convey that he feels like he's been 'run over by a truck'. In the second verse Rivers sings "I used to play b-ball down at the park" but then goes on describing him playing soccer. It's really clever imo, some of the best lyrics he's penned this side of Pinkerton.

Grace Kiser said:

My favorite is from Haunt You Every Day: "When will stupid learn, fire's gonna burn.  Think of consequence then you move when it's your turn."

My least favorite is from Ran Over by a Truck: "I used to like-a learn how to speak-a Chinese. O kudasai means baby would u please." .... Kudasai is Japanese not Chinese   :\

Then you don't get the song....

Woggmiffin said:

Favorite: "Holy sweet goddamn you left your cello in the basement." because nothing can top holy sweet goddamn.

Least: "I want a girl who will laugh for no one else

When I'm away she puts her makeup on the shelf

When I'm away she never leaves the house
I want a girl who laughs for no one else" I just don't like how possessive it is  

aaahhh hmm never noticed tht.  ok thx.

Jamekae said:

You don't think Rivers, a guy who knows how to speak both Chinese and Japanese knows that? If you take the rest of the lyrics into account you'd realise he messes up like that purposefully as a technique to convey that he feels like he's been 'run over by a truck'. In the second verse Rivers sings "I used to play b-ball down at the park" but then goes on describing him playing soccer. It's really clever imo, some of the best lyrics he's penned this side of Pinkerton.

Grace Kiser said:

My favorite is from Haunt You Every Day: "When will stupid learn, fire's gonna burn.  Think of consequence then you move when it's your turn."

My least favorite is from Ran Over by a Truck: "I used to like-a learn how to speak-a Chinese. O kudasai means baby would u please." .... Kudasai is Japanese not Chinese   :\

Well, I'm terrible at remembering things, and as much as I love Weezer, I'm not going to go lock myself in a room and listen to every song again to decypher my favourite lyric. So, off the top of my head, NOT including things said in this thread...

Favourite - King

"You wanted attention and did I mention:
Nobody likes you, except for the losers
You made a whole army, an army of babies
Some of them stupid, some of them crazy
Pick up your action, act like a grown man
Look at the winners, you can be like them"

Not exactly metaphorical in anyway, but I like the way Scott delivers it, and I have known people that can be described with those lyrics.

Least Favourite - Beverly Hills

"Beverly Hills... That's where I want to be! (hey baby)(hey baby)"

The "Hey Baby" sounds a bit like Jamie and that's my name and it weirds me out. Strangely, the song Jamie I'm fine with.

I've only just managed to get over it. Beverly Hills was unticked on itunes for years for this very reason.

Jamie, would you like the song better if you knew they were saying, "gimme, gimme" (IMO, a commentary on the perception of that lifestyle as materialistic)? I think when you hear it that way it might help.

If I recall, Brian even makes "gimme hands" during the video.
Haha, I appreciate your observation Lisa. ;)

Lisa said:

Ah, here you go -- Brian's "gimme hands"  :) Dig it.

On topic, I could never choose a favorite lyric.  Impossible.  I don't really have a strong least-favorite, either.

Danielle said:

Haha, I appreciate your observation Lisa. ;)

Lisa said:

My favorite is from "If You're Wondering if I Want You to (I Want You to)
"the rest of the summer was the best we ever had. We watched Titanic and it didn't make us sad. I took you to Best Buy, you took me home to meet your mom and dad..." and the rest of the verse because it's so random"

And I dont really have a least favorite one. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video