Okay.

My favorite Weezer lyric comes from Falling for you.

"What could you possibly see in little old three chord me"

and my least favorite is from Across the Sea...

"At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk"

Post yours!

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

favorite: "If everyone's a little queer
Can't she be a little straight?"

cant think of a least favorite now

Fav:

"I've got Ace Freeley, I've got Peter Criss"

Least:

Anything from "turnin' up the radio".  (musically I like it though)

Favorite: "I just made love with your sweet memory 1,000 times in my head." (and all that follows)

Least Favorite other than the 2nd half of Raditude: "I can fight back, yes I can, because I'm strong enough to show you I'm a man."

Good call! That's a great favorite line.

Blueperton said:

Favorite: "I just made love with your sweet memory 1,000 times in my head." (and all that follows)

I hate that lyric in Unspoken too. It sounds like it could be satirical, alpha-male stereotype reassertion lifted from The Anchorman. Unlike The Anchorman however, Rivers delivered the lyric without any hint of humour so it just comes across as immature, ignorant and lazy.

Blueperton said:

Least Favorite other than the 2nd half of Raditude: "I can fight back, yes I can, because I'm strong enough to show you I'm a man."

I agree with that one

Naota25 said:

favorite: "If everyone's a little queer
Can't she be a little straight?"

cant think of a least favorite now

favorite:  I want to be something, before I die 
             I feel it burning me inside 
             I want to be something, I don't know why 
             I want to know that at least I tried

least:    None, Rivers is one of the best lyricists of his generation! 

Eric Dohner said:

favorite:  I want to be something, before I die 
             I feel it burning me inside 
             I want to be something, I don't know why 
             I want to know that at least I tried

least:    None, Rivers is one of the best lyricists of his generation! 

Naw, not at all. Fantastic songwriter and melodiciist but a very hit or miss lyricist... Which is strange because his writing is phenomenal.

Favorite: "SCREW THIS CRAP, I'VE HAD IT!  (I've had it!) I ain't no Mr. Cool.  I'm a pig, I'm a DOG!  So 'scuse me if I drool."

Least: "And when I daydream, we're eating ice cream.  It's such a nice scene, but then I wake up crying, I know I'd just be lying."

I just think that Let's Sew Our Pants Together has the best lyrics of any weezer song period.

My favorite is from Haunt You Every Day: "When will stupid learn, fire's gonna burn.  Think of consequence then you move when it's your turn."

My least favorite is from Ran Over by a Truck: "I used to like-a learn how to speak-a Chinese. O kudasai means baby would u please." .... Kudasai is Japanese not Chinese   :\

Favorite: "Holy sweet goddamn you left your cello in the basement." because nothing can top holy sweet goddamn.

Least: "I want a girl who will laugh for no one else

When I'm away she puts her makeup on the shelf

When I'm away she never leaves the house
I want a girl who laughs for no one else" I just don't like how possessive it is  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video