I Am The Walrus
I Me Mine
If I Fell
& Ticket To Ride

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a soft spot for Michelle

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Back in the USSR are my two favourites just now..

But this usually changes every couple of days

Helter Skelter
I've Just Seen A Face
Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight
Your Mother Should Know
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
You Know My Name (first part before it gets really weird)

I could list a lot more but it would be too much.

In the context of the whole "Paul is dead" perspective, all these songs have underlying and alternative meaning.  Of course, these theories are probably not true, but it gives them a different meaning anyway.  Obviously you do not know enough about the Beatles to see through the surface of the song.  Know what you're talking about before tearing down the opinions of others.
if-i-were-an-orange said:

oh my....strawberry fields, penny lane and i am the walrus are really 3 of the absolute worst beatles songs....just horrible.  im surprised you didn't include yellow submarine....jesus

(no particular order)

Across the universe

While my guitar gently weeps

Rocky Racoon

The fool on the hill

I saw her standing there

For no one

A day in the life

All I've got to do

You really got a hold on me

I Want To Hold Your Hand.

it doesn't matter if the song has an underlying meaning, almost every song does....even the shitty ones that you post on this site and ask for our opinions on.  That doesn't mean that they are good.  I don't need to "see through the surface of the song" when my ears tell me that it sounds like s.hit

Kevin Schulte said:

In the context of the whole "Paul is dead" perspective, all these songs have underlying and alternative meaning.  Of course, these theories are probably not true, but it gives them a different meaning anyway.  Obviously you do not know enough about the Beatles to see through the surface of the song.  Know what you're talking about before tearing down the opinions of others.

oh my....strawberry fields, penny lane and i am the walrus are really 3 of the absolute worst beatles songs....just horrible.  im surprised you didn't include yellow submarine....jesus

No, you just obviously know nothing about The Beatles. You gotta see through the surface. ("Of course, these theories are probably not true").

it doesn't matter if the song has an underlying meaning, almost every song does....even the shitty ones that you post on this site and ask for our opinions on.  That doesn't mean that they are good.  I don't need to "see through the surface of the song" when my ears tell me that it sounds like s.hit

Kevin Schulte said:

All "Paul is dead" theories and "seeing through the surface" talk aside, "Strawberry Fields Forever", Penny Lane" and "I Am The Walrus" are among the very best Beatles songs. You don't have to be a Beatles expert or conspiracy theorist to see that.

ya you just have to have s*** taste.

Thank you Donny. Those songs are among my favorites because A) I like the Beach Boys (Penny Lane) B) I love the ambivalence conveyed on the double A side and C) I enjoy well wounded yet chaotic soundscapes (Strawberry Fields, I Am The Walrus).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video