I'm sure there probably already was a thread about and or like this but ah whatever ill proceed on regardless. But what I'm trying to say is that back a couple months ago when Mikey Walsh passed away (R.I.P)  it made me realize when i listen to Weezer there was more than one bassist, sometimes I'm not really thinking about it, but to make a long story short who is your favorite bassist? Me personally I find it hard because I have massive respect for all three, but for some reason the bass-line in "Only Than Dreams" like brings me in or something so I'm kinda leaning toward Matt Sharp, but on the other hand I very much love Maladroit, so I'm torn. I think all Weezer fans respect the time each bassist has served, what each bassist has done for Weezer and the music they have made on whatever album, but who is your favorite bassist?    

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mikey Walsh

"Only Than Dreams"

Scott Shiner

Mikey Welsh because he had such a good stage presence, his bass riff in "Island In The Sun" is the main reason why I love that song, he is great at doing falsetto, I love all the demos and b-sides that he has played on and he was just such a funny and nice person.

I prefer Mathew Sherp's bass line on "What Brother?".

agreeable.

God said:

Mikey Walsh

"Only Than Dreams"

the above two 

Shatt Marp. All the way.

It doesn't matter all the songs are written by Rivers. I don't care who plays bass just as long as they know how to play bass

No. All the members matter because they add personality to the band and actually lend their talents to the studio recordings and live shows (obvs). Weezer, at least at its best, is a band in the truest sense. Every member adds something and aren't dispensable or easily replaceable. Yes, I'm sure Rivers would press on as Weezer even if Pat, Brian, and least importantly Scott went, but they started as a band and should end as a band. They aren't like a lot of modern bands who began as the bedroom project of the principal songwriter(s). Just my two cents. 

Travis Andrew Lang said:

It doesn't matter all the songs are written by Rivers. I don't care who plays bass just as long as they know how to play bass

personality... I've seen tons upon tons of interviews with these guys. they are all pretty bland (Pat has his funny moments). Besides, personality has nothing to do with how well you can play your instrument. unless the member has anything to do with the song itself. Weezer will always sound like Weezer as long as Rivers is still the writer.

You obviously haven't a clue about how being a band in the sense I'm referring to works.

obviously not seeing how weezer is on their third bassist and still famous.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video