What is your favorite Weezer record and what memories do you have tied to it? Mine personally would have to be Pinkerton. I remember buying the CD when it came out being completely happy. It was a surprising new, and hard to get my head around sound that I was used to from the Blue record, and even other records that were out around the same time. It had such a raw and live feel to it, and that's something to this day that inspires me each time I press record as I work on my own material. The goal is ALWAYS think Pinkerton, for that same authentic, live energy that was so perfectly captured during those recording sessions. I always imagine what it must have been like to mix that project. Anyway, hope to hear some responses from you guys, take care! -Ben

Tags: Favorite, Record, Weezer

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only first heard =w= on Guitar Hero in 2008 and the song was "My Name Is Jonas", but I only really started paying attention to them when I saw loads of their videos on MTV in 2009 and I was mesmerised by "Hash Pipe" and I just thought Mikey was so cool. I got all of =w='s albums that year and Green has always been my favourite because it is just so catchy, I absolutely love the "Island In The Sun", its now my favourite song ever and I love the bass on it. I managed to get a few of my friends into =w= because of the Green album and I love the Green album era because it just seems so cool.

Cool man, thanks for sharing!   Love Mikey's bass line in that song, so classic!

Hugh Lovric said:

I only first heard =w= on Guitar Hero in 2008 and the song was "My Name Is Jonas", but I only really started paying attention to them when I saw loads of their videos on MTV in 2009 and I was mesmerised by "Hash Pipe" and I just thought Mikey was so cool. I got all of =w='s albums that year and Green has always been my favourite because it is just so catchy, I absolutely love the "Island In The Sun", its now my favourite song ever and I love the bass on it. I managed to get a few of my friends into =w= because of the Green album and I love the Green album era because it just seems so cool.

definitely pinkerton. reminds me of university. guitars, bass, drums, lyrics are all played great and sound great - not to mention the best songwriting of the bands career. 

This is literally like choosing a favourite child for me (cliche, I know). I have so many personal memories connected to each album that it's really hard to select just one. I remember seeing a promo picture of Weezer in the grocery store when I was around eight or ten years old (circa 1994/96), and I thought I'd check them out since I had not heard of them before. I remember purchasing the Blue album at this dusty little record shop with my mom. I remember being totally in love with the album's sound once I played it. Pinkerton soon followed and I was amazed by the difference in the lyrical content and the overall sound of the record. I also remember being banned from playing "El Scorcho" in the house because of the phrase "God damn." Lol! The Green Album arrived as a Christmas present when I was fourteen, and I remember having a huge crush (and still do) on Mikey. I then started downloading all their videos that I could get my fingers on. Anyway, I could go on forever...I love Weez.

I wish I was born earlier so I could have been a =w= fan from beginning and have seen them during their tours in all their different eras.

Definitely Pinkerton. First of all I can really connect with Rivers on this whole album except Pink Triangle but I love the general ideas and messages from the record. it influenced me a lot and i think the whole story behind it is awesome (ex. what it's based off of, how Rivers was at school during the recording sessions and how he made songs from some of those experiences, etc.)

We were good as married in my mind. But married in my minds no good. Man butterfly and pink triangle are the two songs I connected with the most. El scorcho is such a fun song to sing at the top of your lungs goin down the hwy. 

Brandon Pizzaia said:

Definitely Pinkerton. First of all I can really connect with Rivers on this whole album except Pink Triangle but I love the general ideas and messages from the record. it influenced me a lot and i think the whole story behind it is awesome (ex. what it's based off of, how Rivers was at school during the recording sessions and how he made songs from some of those experiences, etc.)

The Red Album. It was the first actual Weezer CD I bought, though I had other songs on my iTunes. That was just such a fun CD to listen to and listening to it now brings back memories because it was my junior year in college and that year was such a blast. Listening to Red was the beginning of what would turn out to be an awesome. Such a strange reason to like an album, I know, but just the memory how much fun I had that year and how great of a year it was...that was something I'll always remember.

I agree with Tanya that its like choosing a favorite child...

Blue has a special place in my heart cuz its one of the first CDs I ever purchased. I did the 12 CDs for a penny thing if anyone remembers those.....good times...  It was one of the few CDs, that I ordered, which I enjoyed from start to finish as opposed to liking a few songs and then getting bored. In terms of a favorite album it just depends on my mood. I find myself popping in the Red CD often while driving ... fun to belt out those songs...

Blue was the first CD I ever bought with my own money.  It's in my car CD player right now.  It's one of the albums I can listen to over and over and not be sick of it. 

My first CD too. Got it for my 12th birthday along with my orginal Sony Discman! Blue spoke to me then, as it does toay and I could never get sick of it either. The Blue album will always be a part of me, and for that, its my favorite

=w=

Avery Doll said:

Blue was the first CD I ever bought with my own money.  It's in my car CD player right now.  It's one of the albums I can listen to over and over and not be sick of it. 

Hard to say really. I've been following the band since Blue , I was in a band and around the same age as the Weezer guys so I really identified with the music and geeky Dungeons and Dragons sub-culture. Each album has been a small cosmic rift into that vast spacey sea where the vibrations of music originate. Each one shows us different periods in the bands work , much like a painter. I suppose Blue will always be special to me because it introduced me to the band though. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video