Fans of Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia : welcome!

I'd just like to say "welcome" to the folks who have recently become members of weezer.com. 

In particular to people from Australia, New Zealand and of course Indonesia.

January 2013 is looking good!

Tags: Australia, Indonesia., NZ

Views: 3540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to this question. I could maybe see Rivers performing with B.o.B.

Nick How said:

Do you guys reckon there's a chance Weezer will be playing BDO? I personally don't think so. My understanding is that all bands on the festival are contracted to play shows under the 'BDO Sideshows' heading. Surely this is just their own tour as opposed to being connected to BDO at all.

For anyone interested, there is a new Facebook group called 'Weezer Are Touring Australia!' Anyone can join. It could be an opportunity to get to know other fans in your city, maybe even plan some meet and greets, who knows, anything is possible...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/141279442676834/

Thanks for the fb group info @Danielle ^_^

You're welcome :)

Droog Dionne said:

Thanks for the fb group info @Danielle ^_^

Doubt they'll be doing BDO. If you look at the dates for BDO and the Weezer dates - that a hell of a lot of back and forth across the country if they did both...

Nick How said:

Do you guys reckon there's a chance Weezer will be playing BDO? I personally don't think so. My understanding is that all bands on the festival are contracted to play shows under the 'BDO Sideshows' heading. Surely this is just their own tour as opposed to being connected to BDO at all.
Hence me doubting it! ;)

Im from New Zealand and I was extremely excited for the Weezer concert in Auckland until I found out it was R18. I will 3 months too young to see my favourite band of all time, their music has helped me through some tough times in my life. What should I do?

I would recommend that you ask your parents or guardian to contact the venue manager and explain your situation. Some venues are flexible in terms of allowing underage patrons to attend if accompanied by a responsible adult. It's at least worth making an inquiry. Good luck Brad! :)

Brad Chamley said:

Im from New Zealand and I was extremely excited for the Weezer concert in Auckland until I found out it was R18. I will 3 months too young to see my favourite band of all time, their music has helped me through some tough times in my life. What should I do?

I think there's a good chance they're playing the BDO. They can fit all the BDO dates around their own shows. They just wanted to sell tix to their own shows first & then announce them being on the BDO.

If they announce a solo show with the BDO as promotoers BEFORE they got announced on the BDO, that would ruin their so-called 'surprise' I think.

Nick How said:

Hence me doubting it!

no chance. all acts on the bdo were announced at the first announcement. there will be no second announcement of bands. we can however still hope for some pinkerton shows, if there is enough call from the fans - ie the blue shows sell out and rivers gets enough ribbing from us. it could happen - he said so in the interview with lindsay mcdougall on triple j.

That would be a 1st in the 20 year history of the BDO if they didn't have a 2nd announcement. Not saying it isn't possible, just very unlikely.  Plus 37 or so bands that I counted couldn't fill 6 or 7 stages all day long as per normal.

Come to Australia! said:

there will be no second announcement of bands.

Masterstroke with the cake idea Sanjeev.

Weezer Cake Scores Empra A Possible Support

Good luck with Empra getting the support gig. Reservist means I can't go catch the Oz gigs, but really hoping for a favourable Indonesia date.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video