It's probably the most complex song Rivers has wrote, and I wonder how the hell he did it, a lot of chords, anyone knows something about the songwriting behind this?

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's pretty good song writing. It starts in E and goes to G. And it goes out of key a lot, which makes it sound good. It uses every root note there is (this the irony behind the lyric "little old three chord me") the key of G is a minor third of E I think. He uses a lot of decending and ascending root notes. That's about all I can figure out about it due to the fact that I am in the process of learning music theory. I bet when he figured out the song, he said, "gosh dang, this is great."
Okay, so I'm really just learning to play by ear, but it seems to me that this song is easier to pick out (on piano, at least) if you listen for the bass notes, then build your chord around that. Once you've got that note, you pretty much just have to figure out if it's major/minor/aug, etc. That's the only way I've ever been able to play it.
The beginning baseline put into chords sounds great on piano (E-E/D#-C#m7-E/B-C#m)

WeezerWoman said:
Okay, so I'm really just learning to play by ear, but it seems to me that this song is easier to pick out (on piano, at least) if you listen for the bass notes, then build your chord around that. Once you've got that note, you pretty much just have to figure out if it's major/minor/aug, etc. That's the only way I've ever been able to play it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video