I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences with other Weezer fans at the concerts/events. So far I haven't really met any cool/nice Weezer fans. Most of the people I have into contact with have either been really rude or obnoxious.

I know a lot of people have formed awesome friendships through the shows, etc. So I am interested in hearing your best and or worst stories about experiences with other Weezer fans.

Views: 707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am right there with you man. How can you hear My Name Is Jonas and not jump around? 

At the Memories show in Seattle, everyone was really cool. You could see in a lot of peoples faces that they had been waiting for that night to come for a long time. Also during the intermission these two really hot chicks started making out in front of me. The downside was that only like 50 of us seemed to go out of our minds for Blast Off! People were standing there looking mad. 

The other times I have seen Weezer it is always the opening/headlining band's fans that are kind of idiots and rude.  We do not get to see Weezer much in the NW, so we are all just happy to see the band.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

I have had some good experiences, but mainly terrible ones.  Kind of like these forums. 

I hate people that stand around at rock shows, which in-turn probably makes those people hate me because I'm always jumping up and down, dancing and singing along.

I have had awesome experiences with meeting other weezer fans.  It's a little easier when you kind of know each other already via boards or other online forums (facebook, twitter, etc.), but I've also had amazing luck meeting incredible people just because we end up standing near each other in line or at the show and strike up a conversation. Now when I plan to go to some cities, I know I already have a friend (or group)  to meet up with there. Good luck!

prob b/c "blast off" kinda sux.

Zach Smith said:

IThe downside was that only like 50 of us seemed to go out of our minds for Blast Off! People were standing there looking mad.

That is an opinion I disagree with. 

I'm so sorry you had bad experiences. There will always be sour pusses wherever you go but I just ignore/ avoid those people. I am a loud bouncy person at concerts though no one has ever said anything rude to me or has asked me to stop at a Weezer concert. I am aware of others and I do my best to keep to my personal space though. 

My experiences at Weezer concerts have been pretty positive and I have actually met some really awesome people... My best experience was standing next to a group of people and after we had been chatting for a bit they realized that they recognized me from the boards and I recognized them. That was really cool! This is only after going to several concerts and totally happened by chance. 

I've been fortunate enough to make some really great friends as a result of being a part of the Weezer fan community. I've met people from all over the world when I've attended live shows in New York and on the cruise. I've maintained those friendships online. It's great to be able to stay in touch with people from Japan, Canada, America, England, Indonesia...the list goes on. It is also how I met my fiancé.

Lisa said:

I have had awesome experiences with meeting other weezer fans.  It's a little easier when you kind of know each other already via boards or other online forums (facebook, twitter, etc.), but I've also had amazing luck meeting incredible people just because we end up standing near each other in line or at the show and strike up a conversation. Now when I plan to go to some cities, I know I already have a friend (or group)  to meet up with there. Good luck!

at memories Pink show Watched a dude bite another fans finger very bloody, I told Scott after the show he said he was bragging to a friend how their are never fights at a show........true and sad story.

I've only ever had one bad experience with a =w= fan at a concert, everyone else has been amazing and now I feel like I just have more people to hang out and go to =w= shows with :)

slick mahony said:

prob b/c "blast off" kinda sux.

Really?  Come on man.  Blast Off?  I've had one or two bad experiences with random fans in the crowd.  Such as some random guy trying to put his arm around my girlfriend or a group just being jerks in general (but this can happen at any concert).  At a festival I've seen people who were obviously not fans mocking the band.  But the boardies and such I have met have been great people and in a lot of cases I've developed friendships (both online and off) with them.  I really like pretty much everybody I've met in that sense.  That's including my girlfriend who I met through Weezer.  So all in all, I'd have to say my experiences have been good ones.

I am enjoying reading eveyone's comments. So thanks to everyone that has replied. :)

Btw what I mean as rude/obnoxious: people who are starting fights with other fans. Kicking/hitting people it the face. Shoving into people and not saying excuse me, etc. By no means did I mean people who are dancing around and shaking it all about. I LOVE dancing and rocking out at the concert. I do have to say that the Vegas show was awesome and I didn't have any bad experiences with anyone else who was there. Yay. :)

On the whole I have had good experiences; the not so great ones have been with, as Daniel said, probably not real big Weezer fans to begin with, and usually they were at festival shows that I've encountered the behavior you are talking about. I like to say that even though I got both kicked in the head and spat on at the Doheny Days show last year it was still worth it haha -- but that is a prime example of what I mean--it was a big beach festival show, and with more casual fans than a smaller venue would have. This one guy was a total meathead--shiny bald head, all muscle-y and clearly 'roided up, with a bimbo on each arm (I'm sorry to say so, but there really isn't another word for it--fake tans, fake boobs, fake hair etc), and each of them with a drink in both hands-- I mean they couldn't have been more typically douche-baggy if they tried. The said meathead was roughly pushing and elbowing everyone aside to get closer to the front (I mean really, I am all of 5'2", there is no need to push me) all the while I'm thinking Why Bother? You probably don't know half of what they are playing anyway (general stereotyping on my part perhaps, but it turned out to be true -- he was screaming along to Hash Pipe but walked away to get more drinks as Say It Ain't So came on O_o -- and then pushed his way back in *again*). 

On the flip side, at this same concert, I still encountered cool people-- my sister (who is even shorter than me at 5'0") and I ended up next to this one super nice guy who pretty much became our protector from all of the hooligans around us. He probably figured he didn't want to witness 2 short Asian girls being trampled to death in front of him at a Weezer concert haha I probably would've gotten a few more kicks in the head if he weren't blocking all the bodysurfers that came our way!

So I guess it'll just depend on the type of show and how big/what type of venue it is. You'll get all kinds at any concert in the end. Agreed with how several people have mentioned seeing people on the boards and then meeting up at concerts -- like NatKat, I actually met a couple at the Vegas show, and the girl turned out to be a boardie here, and I was like oh I recognize your screen name =D! They turned out to be the coolest people to rock out with! (Side note, that Vegas show *was* super awesome! Even that group of frat guys with the buckets of beer who made their way to the front behaved themselves hehe). Like Lisa said, if you can plan to meet other fans ahead of time, it always makes the experience better =).

Oh! I just remembered -- this was so nice I have to share, it's indicative of how cool Weezer fans can be. This was Jan 2011 Vegas Memories show at the Joint/Hard Rock Hotel -- I was waiting in the taxi queue at another hotel, about to head over to the Hard Rock. The line was soooo long that I knew I'd be standing there for a good 20 minutes at least-- until this one couple who was about to get into a cab saw my =w= shirt, asked if I was heading over to the concert, said that they were headed over too and why don't I share the cab ride with them! We chatted the whole way over like we were old friends -- and they not only saved me the long wait but when we got there they paid for the cab ride and wouldn't hear of accepting any money from me! It really was a shame we didn't exchange info, but that was probably the best random Weezer fan encounters I'd ever had.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video