I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences with other Weezer fans at the concerts/events. So far I haven't really met any cool/nice Weezer fans. Most of the people I have into contact with have either been really rude or obnoxious.

I know a lot of people have formed awesome friendships through the shows, etc. So I am interested in hearing your best and or worst stories about experiences with other Weezer fans.

Views: 707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've only been to one Weezer show, hopefully I will get to more :D. I wound up having to go alone because my friends are lame or couldn't get off work. So I was nervous to go to a concert alone, 8 hours away from home, but I really really wanted to see Weezer. I went and it was totally worth it, and the fans around me seemed really cool, I didn't really see too many people being obnoxious or pushing other people around, it just seemed like everyone was having a good time.

I think I did however accidentally irritate a girl that wound up somewhat behind me, I saw a clearing and walked up to it, I thought there was more space, but I was mistaken, so I was pretty much one foot in front of her. She was upset, and I wanted to apologize, but didn't want to make her more angry :(. So if they are reading, sorry for that.

I went to the show in October when they did DeLuna Fest, it was right on the beach, and the atmosphere was great. Rivers jumped off stage and fans did run up to him, but they weren't being ridiculous, even when he walked through the crowd.

I definitely see a lot of the same names and faces on facebook or twitter on the weezer pages or the artist pages. Everyone on there has been very kind.   

I agree with the stereotypical types of fans, awkward, nerdy... :D Nothing wrong with that at all! If someone talked to me at the concert I was at I would have had no problems talking with them, but since we are awkward, I didn't open up a conversation with anyone lol.

Stefan said:

When I first saw weezer in 2009, there were two drunk sisters behind me and this was before the show started. One of them got a cell phone call from her dad, and as she was trying speak to him the other sister grabbed the cell and started yelling the Say It Ain't So bridge into the phone. It was pretty funny and they were nice. 

When I saw weezer last year, when they were playing a festival thing opening for the tragically hip, my cousin and I got in line really early to be the first in line for the show and get a good spot at the front. The second group of people were a group of college guys who turned out to be really cool. They offered to hold our spot in line if we ever needed to use the washroom or anything. I remember we got into a discussion about weezer and one guy ( jokingly) started defending raditude of the best album of all time or something. It was pretty funny. 

I think weezer fans are nice once you get to talk to them. Stereotypically, weezer fans are pretty awkward and 'nerdy' people, and that's why some of us relate to Rivers' geeky songwriting. So you can't really go to a weezer concert and not expect strange/awkward/obnoxious people. But from experience, if you start up a conversation they all turn out to be pretty funny and friendly. 

If I ever get to see you at a show, I will call you Michael :D. And next time you want a phone number, honestly, the best thing to do, just ask! I mean, don't just look at her and blurt it out, at least say hi first. But girls like when guys are direct, well that's how I feel anyways. 

Gohi said:

I've met many great people at various Weezer shows. I've been fortunate enough to have people walk up to me and ask if I'm Gohi (although I hate hearing people say that sn).

The one that sticks out the most is this really beautiful girl I met at the Austin Blue album show in June last year. She asked if she could stand in front of me (because I am tall, sort of) and then we started talkin'. She said she was going to another country for school and so she had to miss Pinkerton. We talked a bit about our favorite Weezer songs. I was trying to figure out how to get her number and then when the band came out I lost track of her. She probably ran away.

I have never met a Weezer fan I didnt like-  they are all so awesome

I've seen Weezer play seven time I believe... My favorite time was when they played at the tabernacle in Atlanta, Ga back in the early 2000's... Its a gutted out cathedral turned mid-sized venue..   I still get goosebumps thinking about the solo from Say it Ain't so.   It was so perfect, a great show and great memory!

but what about your experiences with the other weezer fans at those shows?

BenGrant said:

I've seen Weezer play seven time I believe... My favorite time was when they played at the tabernacle in Atlanta, Ga back in the early 2000's... Its a gutted out cathedral turned mid-sized venue..   I still get goosebumps thinking about the solo from Say it Ain't so.   It was so perfect, a great show and great memory!

Sorry man..  Every show I ever got to go to was filled with those experiences.   Always made new friends while waiting to get inside the shows.   Friends that I still have contact with to this day.   Inside the show there's always a bond that can't really be compared with anything other than maybe a sporting event, which isn't really the same..  but people connect in a unique way that you can feel apart of.   I hope I can see them again in the near future, it's been a few years..

Henchman 21 [spaz] said:

but what about your experiences with the other weezer fans at those shows?

BenGrant said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video