Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks but i was already aware of joseph kony's existence.

Good old slactivism

trooo

Gohi 21 said:

Good old slactivism

stefan don't donate to this b******* charity.

buh. i just typed out all this b******* on the other thread about this b*******, only to find that it was deleted.
i'll post it here instead.

yes, it will encourage people to donate to a "charity" that only puts 32% of their donations towards their cause. and since they support military action, that 32% goes to the Ugandan government's military. this means that invisible children is funding a dictatorship and military that is no stranger to committing atrocities and recruiting child soldiers. you are funding a group that is adding fuel to the fire.

ok, you say, but at least more people will know about Kony and somehow this will lead to his capture. good try, but unlikely. Kony was pushed out of Uganda in 2006, and is either in hiding or (most likely) dead. the US has tried for years to capture him and has failed each time. unless Kony is hiding out in the US, i'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference that thousands of americans are suddenly aware he exists. even if Kony is captured, that doesn't solve any real problems in Uganda.

look, awareness is cool, and donating money is even better, but don't support Invisible Children. send your money to a real charity that will put it to use on relief efforts, like rebuilding Uganda's medical and educational infrastructure.

Good clarification for people who have no idea what the f*** this is really all about.

I was about to post the same exact thing. I am editing this to say "Kony 2012" in the title because it needs to be seen. :)

you should always check out a charity before donating to it, just to make sure it's a good one

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

DUN WORRY, THE WHITE BROS R HERE 2 SAVE U NOW. KONY 2012!!!!!!1!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video