http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/09/20/hurley.review.ew/index.html?h...

But they really like Hurley and think it's a great rebound! (CNN just sourced them, but I couldn't find it on their website)

READ: I was too lazy to look up the link on EW haha.

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's what I was trying to say. I think they wanted to get out as quick as possible.

Radioactive said:
Weezer had a seven album contract with Geffen... 'Raditude' completed this (although weren't 'Weezer (1994)' and 'Pinkerton' both on independent release? Maybe Geffen getting rights to those counted as 2/7 and they reissued them) and I really think Weezer was looking for something else... I'm sure Geffen wanted to keep Weezer.

But check out the story behind "Pork and Beans"... Rivers was getting sick of Geffen's control. So he wrote the song, basically as a big "screw you" to them. And probably after 'Weezer (2008)', they were in a rush to get 'Raditude' out there and slip out of Geffen's hands... I'm not saying 'Raditude' was bad or rushed, I rather liked it, but that could explain the three albums knit so closely.

Anyways, on the topic of the 'Hurley' review, I'd say it's a very accurate review. Good grade, relatively good insight on the lyrics and such. It's fair. 'Hurley' is definitely an "A" album.
They were both originally released by Geffen.

this is a recording said:
no.

Radioactive said:
(although weren't 'Weezer (1994)' and 'Pinkerton' both on independent release?
unlike others, in the mall was easily one of my favourites off raditude, the chorus was so damn catchy

elscorcho said:
C'mon, Pat. Do what you want. How about another "In The Mall"? lol

Pat Wilson said:
i wish!
Or maybe it will be, considering it was just told.

edgey44 said:
perhaps the truth will never be known!
I liked "I Don't Want To Let You Go" and "I'm Your Daddy"

Jared N said:
unlike others, in the mall was easily one of my favourites off raditude, the chorus was so damn catchy

elscorcho said:
C'mon, Pat. Do what you want. How about another "In The Mall"? lol

Pat Wilson said:
i wish!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…