it says rank from from 1 (least favourite) to 10 (most favourite) but there's more than 10 songs to choose from. So do you just have to put the ones that you like the most in from 10 or do you have to like half of them and the other half you don't like?.

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

but no one said anything about weezer caring about longtime fans.
did you not understand my post?

Rich Conner said:
I'll wait for your brain to compute my sarcasm.
Genuine a******.

Rich Conner said:

My opinion does matter more.  I've spent hundreds of more dollars on Weezer than most.  I've traveled long distances to make it to shows.  My knowledge of their back catalog means I'm better than you.  Attempting to re-gain the following of 15 year olds is what messed up this band in the first place.

"My knowledge of their back catalog means I'm better than you."
agreed, but he has made today at least somewhat more eventful than usual

placemats said:
Genuine a******.

Rich Conner said:

My opinion does matter more.  I've spent hundreds of more dollars on Weezer than most.  I've traveled long distances to make it to shows.  My knowledge of their back catalog means I'm better than you.  Attempting to re-gain the following of 15 year olds is what messed up this band in the first place.

I'm hopeful this survey shows Rivers and the band that people like Weezer beyond their "greatest hits" whether it be for setlist purposes or not. Hopefully the people voting are well informed of every song listed. If not, go youtube it and form your own opinion. There's no right or wrong Weezer, but there is a drastic difference between the quality of songs like The Angel and The One and Pig (personally to me two of the band's best efforts in the last 5 years) and Cold Dark World (in my opinion the worst). Maybe some people like CDW, and fine that's your preference, but to me it doesn't showcase anything that made me a fan of this band in the first place.

Maybe this whole survey thing is useless, or maybe it'll help steer the band in a better direction in both the studio and the live show. Who knows. But if Rivers and/or the band are consciously looking to see what songs the fans like, hopefully what they're seeing is something unbiased that indicates that there's a lot of unreleased/regulated to deluxe edition material that deserved to make an album; that there is an audience that wants to hear something besides "the hits"; and that while we may hold a lot of the 90's material to a certain pedestal, there is in fact a reason for that and there are modern songs that are just as great. Generally speaking I'd like it to show that both the hardcore fans and the casual ones simply gravitate to quality music (ie songs that don't have the narrator proclaiming he will "be there to sex you").

for real

pandaž! [berry_rydell] said:

i'm guessing whoever featured this thread didn't bother to actually read it first.

Rich Conner said:

My opinion does matter more.

also, sarcasm doesn't usually translate well via text....douche.

...this is a good thread

fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:

but no one said anything about weezer caring about longtime fans.
did you not understand my post?

Rich Conner said:
I'll wait for your brain to compute my sarcasm.

i find the list of songs interesting.  particularly loved seeing 'hey m'darlin' on there....gosh dangit that sound is great.

would have liked to have seen the Saturday Night DC DEMO on the list.  that song in that version is just PERFECT.

What's a pinkerton???  Beverly Hills and Troublemaker ruelzzzzzz!

Rich Conner said:
If I believed everyone receiving the poll has actually listened to each and every song to have a proper view of how to judge, I wouldn't have a problem; however, I do object to those who've only listened to Hurley & Red.  It's pretty evident that this is a large group of you.

I'm happy I could joly things up here.  This was somewhat entertaining.

I'll be back, I need to go listen to Love is the Answer a few times... you know, get all fired up again with anger.

Yeah, it was pretty funny watching his feeble attempt at giving Fluck a run for his money.

Šupak said:
agreed, but he has made today at least somewhat more eventful than usual

placemats said:
Genuine a******.

Rich Conner said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video