Effects and guitar pickups that Weezer currently uses

Hey,

I'm wondering what effects does Weezer use as of lately?  I'm also curious as to what pickups are used on the SG guitars that Rivers and Brian plays.  I love that Weezer sound but I can never quite get it right on my rig.  I'm also wondering what kind of amp does Rivers use.  It looks like it's custom cuz it has Weezer on the front of the amp head.  I know there was a link as to what their gear was but any current info would be great!  

I'm also a bit of a purist (for a lack of a better word) as far as not using any sort of distortion pedal and just depend mostly on overdriving the guitar.  

Tags: effects, gear, instruments, pickups, weezer

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have any song in particular you're trying to figure out? Like stuff off the Green Album?
So much! To name a few, only in dreams solo, dope nose sound, Jonas, keep fishin and train wrecks.


elscorcho said:
Do you have any song in particular you're trying to figure out? Like stuff off the Green Album?
I was also curious as to what kind of amp that is... it looks cool.
I'm curious myself. But only Karl knows for sure! haha. They've been modifying the Marshall logos on amps for years though to make it say Weezer (or at least I think they have). We definitely need an update on what their current gear is. But I think Karl is probably too busy to do it right now. :( I know Pat has a new green kit for the Memories tour... and Rivers' white SG is relatively new.

Taylor Morden said:
I was also curious as to what kind of amp that is... it looks cool.
I think his green sparkle Ludwig kit was last used on the Make Believe Tours - its on the AOL sessions too.




Daniel [bleed0range] said:
I'm curious myself. But only Karl knows for sure! haha. They've been modifying the Marshall logos on amps for years though to make it say Weezer (or at least I think they have). We definitely need an update on what their current gear is. But I think Karl is probably too busy to do it right now. :( I know Pat has a new green kit for the Memories tour... and Rivers' white SG is relatively new.

Taylor Morden said:
I was also curious as to what kind of amp that is... it looks cool.
I'm pretty sure Rivers is using a Diezel amp. He's been using it since the Rick Rubin/Make Believe period.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video