Would any of you buy an edited Weezer album? I'm not a big fan of swearing (actually I don't like it at all) and if Weezer came out with that kind of an album that would be soooo cool in my eyes. So many good Weezer songs are ruined by 1 swear word. No good. No good. What do you think?

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, but God damn is, like in "Undone" and "Falling for You". Don't cut off your nose to spite your face Puppies.

Zachy said:
God, a swear word?

PUPPIES! said:
And God... but yes, yes I do.
Stefan said:
Weezer songs don't normally have swear words in them. All I can think of is the "f-bomb" in Can't Stop Partying and a few "b******" in butterfly and the good life. I don't think there is enough vulgar words for an edited album to be needed. Unless you refer to "sex" and "damn" as swear words too.
Yeah, I was talking about using his name in vain. I guess I need to explain that. Sorry for the confusion.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
No, but God damn is, like in "Undone" and "Falling for You". Don't cut off your nose to spite your face Puppies.

Zachy said:
God, a swear word?

PUPPIES! said:
Stefan said:
Weezer songs don't normally have swear words in them. All I can think of is the "f-bomb" in Can't Stop Partying and a few "b******" in butterfly and the good life. I don't think there is enough vulgar words for an edited album to be needed. Unless you refer to "sex" and "damn" as swear words too.
Ah, my bad.

PUPPIES! said:
Yeah, I was talking about using his name in vain. I guess I need to explain that. Sorry for the confusion.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Zachy said:
God, a swear word?

PUPPIES! said:
Stefan said:
No, you were right. That is using his name is vain. I wasn't aiming that towards you.

Scott's Dope Nose said:
Ah, my bad.

PUPPIES! said:

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Zachy said:
God, a swear word?

PUPPIES! said:
Stefan said:
Or her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!11!!!

PUPPIES! said:
No, you were right. That is using his name is vain. I wasn't aiming that towards you.

Scott's Dope Nose said:
Ah, my bad.

PUPPIES! said:

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Zachy said:
God, a swear word?

PUPPIES! said:
Stefan said:

Please explain using God's name in vain. If I say, "Oh God, look at that butter face!", is that in vain, because it's in a negative context?

What about when I say, "Oh my God, look at the butt, it's awesome!", is that in vain?  I'm saying it in a positive light.

They should unnecessarily edit songs.

"We are all in love".

Great stuff.

In both cases, that is using his name as a swear word. That means you are using his name in vain. If you can ever replace it with gosh (and it makes sense) it is usually a swear word.  There is your church lesson for today :)

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Please explain using God's name in vain. If I say, "Oh God, look at that butter face!", is that in vain, because it's in a negative context?

What about when I say, "Oh my God, look at the butt, it's awesome!", is that in vain?  I'm saying it in a positive light.

That is a little different. I don't know why they made that version.

Max Wolf said:

They should unnecessarily edit songs.

"We are all in love".

Great stuff.

The word dang (edited version!) is a swear word. Using it in the same sentence is like that is using it in vain. You can say gosh dang if you want. That doesn't bother me one bit.

Brofessefef said:

Still still haven't answered my question.

PUPPIES! said:

In both cases, that is using his name as a swear word. That means you are using his name in vain. If you can ever replace it with gosh (and it makes sense) it is usually a swear word.  There is your church lesson for today :)

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video