According to the page on Amazon it is.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i figured that wouldn't be the case since the re-recorded all the songs.
Pinkerton Deluxe is Geffen too.
well yes, i knew that would be geffen. but i thought geffen just owned the recordings from before hurley, not the melodies and lyrics of the songs themselves. for example, if weezer recorded the memories tour of blue and pinkerton albums and sold them...would that have to go through geffen because they are songs under their label?

elscorcho said:
I think it'd be the new record company, but they'd need to pay a portion to geffen.

blakesp26 said:
well yes, i knew that would be geffen. but i thought geffen just owned the recordings from before hurley, not the melodies and lyrics of the songs themselves. for example, if weezer recorded the memories tour of blue and pinkerton albums and sold them...would that have to go through geffen because they are songs under their label?

elscorcho said:
This is a confusing notion. I mean, who's to say what is and isn't Weezer? For instance, if Rivers started a new line of solo (ish) albums and named them something other than Alone, would Geffen own those, too? They can't own EVERYTHING the members of Weezer do. Afterall, The Special Goodness and The Relationship certainly aren't Geffen. Besides, Rivers could just claim that said songs were never intended to be Weezer songs. Although many ideas that Rivers had that would later become the Weezer songs we know and love today, quite possibly weren't intended for Weezer originally.

Complicated stuff.
good point

j-biebs said:
part of it could also be due to the fact that epitaph only has so much to spend on weezer, and weezer just wants to do too much at the moment.
yeah, im not sure what you are talking about...and i thought that I was confused.

MakeUpOnShelf said:
This is a confusing notion. I mean, who's to say what is and isn't Weezer? For instance, if Rivers started a new line of solo (ish) albums and named them something other than Alone, would Geffen own those, too? They can't own EVERYTHING the members of Weezer do. Afterall, The Special Goodness and The Relationship certainly aren't Geffen. Besides, Rivers could just claim that said songs were never intended to be Weezer songs. Although many ideas that Rivers had that would later become the Weezer songs we know and love today, quite possibly weren't intended for Weezer originally.

Complicated stuff.

blakesp26 said:
yeah, im not sure what you are talking about...and i thought that I was confused.

MakeUpOnShelf said:

Complicated stuff.

My new understanding is that anything officially released by Weezer or recorded during sessions funded by Geffen are owned by Geffen. It gets fuzzy when it's Rivers recording songs in his personal studio.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video