In case you can't tell by my name, I'm a bit of a fan of the Summer Songs of 2K. This post exists for the sole purpose of spreading the SS2K love! Unfortunately, the Summer Songs 2000 Album (as Rivers envisioned it) has become harder and harder to find online (in it's entirety with album artwork). I hope this post will remedy this fact.

If you want to download the whole SS2K album + bonus tracks and a bunch of other extra stuff visit: http://www.mediafire.com/?ix27i7wb497uw

If you just want to listen to SS2K check out: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF9FEA429CC2C6410 for the Summer Songs 2000 Album, or http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAC6ABA5696292B06 for the Deluxe version of the Album.

This album was created for the fans. Fan demand encouraged Rivers to bring his ideal vision of these songs to life by creating the SS2K album. He released this album to us for free online for the purpose of sharing. So please use these links to do just that. Listen, download and share!

Tags: 2000, SS2K, Songs, Songs2K, Summer, Summer2K

Views: 2012

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think if lots of weezer fans keep banging on about a Green Deluxe maybe, just maybe they'll release some stuff. Fingers Crossed. Your'e definitely right about how that eras songs will be interesting because around the time i think weezer were trying new sounds after the commercial downfall of pinkerton. I wondered what Stupid B***** sounds like for a while now, must be quite good. I haven't got round too listening to most of the EA5 stuff but I really love Prodigy Lover.
if you're talking about the same artwork as your avatar, someone made that for a cover art contest held on weezer.com sometime during the maladroit era.  don't remember it being specifically for ss2k though...

SS2K PUNK said:

well to whoever that fan is, thank you and way to go! I'm really into some of the EA5 stuff right now, I've even made up an EA5 album based off what I think the best tracks and tracklisting is :). and while we're on the topic of SS2K, i think New Joint (haha, clever Rivers) and Cryin and Lonely both rock face.

Fingers crossed that we get a Green Deluxe with more SS2K era stuff like torture, brightening day, ska song and so on. I'd love to hear an earlier, more SS2K take on BD, and the names of all the other unreleased songs from that era certainly sound interesting! I mean, how could a song called Stupid B**** not be cool?

Stephanie-H said:

I agree Thief, you've taken all that was me is awesome :) The art work was fan made, i forgot thier name though...

SS2K PUNK said:
First off, how cool is the SS2K album artwork? Second off, does any one know where it came from? Was it Pat, a fan, or someone else?

yes Vm, this is the art I'm talking about.

The artwork says "Weezer SS2K" on it which leads me to believe it was made for the SS2K album. The time line also makes sense since SS2K was released November 11th 2001, which is smack dab in the middle of the Maladroit era (demos had been coming out for awhile before then, and the record would get recorded that December). Also, Soyrev from TVS confirmed to me that this is in fact fan made SS2K album art, and I'm not one to disagree with Soyrev.

Vm said:

if you're talking about the same artwork as your avatar, someone made that for a cover art contest held on weezer.com sometime during the maladroit era.  don't remember it being specifically for ss2k though...

SS2K PUNK said:

well to whoever that fan is, thank you and way to go! I'm really into some of the EA5 stuff right now, I've even made up an EA5 album based off what I think the best tracks and tracklisting is :). and while we're on the topic of SS2K, i think New Joint (haha, clever Rivers) and Cryin and Lonely both rock face.

Fingers crossed that we get a Green Deluxe with more SS2K era stuff like torture, brightening day, ska song and so on. I'd love to hear an earlier, more SS2K take on BD, and the names of all the other unreleased songs from that era certainly sound interesting! I mean, how could a song called Stupid B**** not be cool?

Stephanie-H said:

I agree Thief, you've taken all that was me is awesome :) The art work was fan made, i forgot thier name though...

SS2K PUNK said:
First off, how cool is the SS2K album artwork? Second off, does any one know where it came from? Was it Pat, a fan, or someone else?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video