In case you can't tell by my name, I'm a bit of a fan of the Summer Songs of 2K. This post exists for the sole purpose of spreading the SS2K love! Unfortunately, the Summer Songs 2000 Album (as Rivers envisioned it) has become harder and harder to find online (in it's entirety with album artwork). I hope this post will remedy this fact.

If you want to download the whole SS2K album + bonus tracks and a bunch of other extra stuff visit: http://www.mediafire.com/?ix27i7wb497uw

If you just want to listen to SS2K check out: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF9FEA429CC2C6410 for the Summer Songs 2000 Album, or http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAC6ABA5696292B06 for the Deluxe version of the Album.

This album was created for the fans. Fan demand encouraged Rivers to bring his ideal vision of these songs to life by creating the SS2K album. He released this album to us for free online for the purpose of sharing. So please use these links to do just that. Listen, download and share!

Tags: 2000, SS2K, Songs, Songs2K, Summer, Summer2K

Views: 2012

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is in response to several fans asking me to email them the SS2K album. Hopefully this post will allow any Weezer fan wanting to explore this =W= era to satiate their hunger for punk-pop goodness.

Also, on the mediafire link, all the descriptions posted on the pictures are from Karl's Corner back in the day.

Enjoy!

It's fantastic, thanks for this.

The mythical alternate Weezer universe:
Blue, SFTBH, Pinkerton, HOMiE, SS2K, and all future albums of pure quality

If they wanted to make this happen, they could.

Why are some of them live?

Humpty Dumpty-

I couldn't agree with you more. the early album 3/RCB material I believe would also amount to a perfect album. There's no beating rosemary, trampoline, 1000 years, baby, and so on. It blows me away all the albums worth of material they throw away. You could easily assemble three classic, and stylistically varied albums out of the demos =W= went through on the way to Make Believe (ea5, acoustic office, fallen soldiers). I don't wanna meet the person who isn't blown away by The Organ Player or Everybody Wants a Chance to Feel All Alone.

Humpty Dumpty said:

It's fantastic, thanks for this.

The mythical alternate Weezer universe:
Blue, SFTBH, Pinkerton, HOMiE, SS2K, and all future albums of pure quality

If they wanted to make this happen, they could.

Marco-

Long story short because these songs had been largely replaced with a new sound and corresponding batch of songs by the time the band entered a professional studio with Ric to record what became Green. When Weezer reunited from their hiatus and went on tour for the Summer of 2000 they debuted 14 new songs which fans believed would become Weezer's next album. Despite the fact that the band was at one point intent on these songs being A3, for one reason or another these songs were dumped and the band instead went in the direction that became the Green Album.

However many fans were upset that these songs were scrapped and began to petition for their release. In response Rivers decided to release high quality mp3's for all of these songs. Luckily for him most of the Summer2K tour had been recorded directly via sound boards. So Rivers chose between these live documents and the demoing of these songs the band did in studio and backstage in order to select his favorite performance and realisation of these songs. He then edited them structurally and assembled them into the order he would have had they been released as Weezer's third album instead of Green.

So to answer your question, if a track is live that is because RC deemed that live recording to be the best captured performance by the band of that particular song

Marco said:

Why are some of them live?
Cool! Thanks!
 Thanks this was a great thing to share with us! You mentioned how it was getting harder to hear demo songs - like ones of SS2K, I listen and download rivers songs from his Catalouge of Riffs. If you havent already looked at it, check it out: http://web227.xps8.microserver.de/ng/COR.html
I agree, the COR is pretty awesome! that man has the best demos I've ever heard. Thief You've Taken All That Was Me is a fave of mine

Stephanie-H said:
 Thanks this was a great thing to share with us! You mentioned how it was getting harder to hear demo songs - like ones of SS2K, I listen and download rivers songs from his Catalouge of Riffs. If you havent already looked at it, check it out: http://web227.xps8.microserver.de/ng/COR.html
First off, how cool is the SS2K album artwork? Second off, does any one know where it came from? Was it Pat, a fan, or someone else?
Is it just me or does Modern Dukes sound like a cross between Green Day and Nirvana? Probably just me.

Right on Zachy, Modern Dukes sounds like if Nirvana and Green Day had a kid that grew up listening to ska punk and twee. I've always thought that songs sounded like a Dookie + Incesticide cocktail. RC was pretty hard core infatuated with both bands at that time so I don't think we're at all off base here.

On a side note, I love the obscene amount of cussing (by Weezer standards, especially at the time!) in these songs. Not only does RC use cuss words besides GD here, he uses several, and repeats one in every chorus! Nothing but pure awesomeness to these ears, and a great introduction to the skater punk personality Rivers adopted for this era/sound. Who knew Rivers was capable of being a stoned slacker?

Zachy said:

Is it just me or does Modern Dukes sound like a cross between Green Day and Nirvana? Probably just me.
I agree Thief, you've taken all that was me is awesome :) The art work was fan made, i forgot thier name though...

SS2K PUNK said:
First off, how cool is the SS2K album artwork? Second off, does any one know where it came from? Was it Pat, a fan, or someone else?

well to whoever that fan is, thank you and way to go! I'm really into some of the EA5 stuff right now, I've even made up an EA5 album based off what I think the best tracks and tracklisting is :). and while we're on the topic of SS2K, i think New Joint (haha, clever Rivers) and Cryin and Lonely both rock face.

Fingers crossed that we get a Green Deluxe with more SS2K era stuff like torture, brightening day, ska song and so on. I'd love to hear an earlier, more SS2K take on BD, and the names of all the other unreleased songs from that era certainly sound interesting! I mean, how could a song called Stupid B**** not be cool?

Stephanie-H said:

I agree Thief, you've taken all that was me is awesome :) The art work was fan made, i forgot thier name though...

SS2K PUNK said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video