Does Weezer make music today for their own enjoyment, ours, or both?

Whether the music is good or not, I personally think they do it for the money now a days.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Memories Tour was done because so many fans wanted to hear those two albums in their enirety, especially Pinkerton, which had never been done before.

Next big thing said:
Agreed

kittens bieber ♥ said:

oh weezer is most definitely a business. rivers' actions at this point are first and foremost about money, not fan loyalty. the memories tour was not done because they care about the fans.

I don't know, and I don't really even care. As long as they are making music, I will be a fan.
Do you even like Weezer?

kittens bieber ♥ said:

oh weezer is most definitely a business. rivers' actions at this point are first and foremost about money, not fan loyalty. the memories tour was not done because they care about the fans.

THEY GET VERY LITTLE MONEY FROM ALBUM SALES.

And if you think it's because their albums will sell more? Each album has had a decline in sales since Make Believe.

No, he doesn't.

Garrett S. Vanisi said:
Do you even like Weezer?

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Well put.

THE NARD DOG said:
I don't know, and I don't really even care. As long as they are making music, I will be a fan.
Agreed.

Jordan said:
Well put.

THE NARD DOG said:

right, many fans did want to hear the two albums in their entirety. however, if weezer was doing what the fans wanted, they would have played both albums in one night, like they did in vegas. instead, they coupled each album with a greatest hits set, designed to expose early fans of the band to the newer material, in the hopes of pulling a few former fans back into the fanbase. it's all very simple.

Jordan said:

The Memories Tour was done because so many fans wanted to hear those two albums in their enirety, especially Pinkerton, which had never been done before.

Next big thing said:
Agreed

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Okay, because FANS didn't want to hear GREATEST HITS?

Some people like their newer and older stuff both, Kittens.

kittens bieber ♥ said:

right, many fans did want to hear the two albums in their entirety. however, if weezer was doing what the fans wanted, they would have played both albums in one night, like they did in vegas. instead, they coupled each album with a greatest hits set, designed to expose early fans of the band to the newer material, in the hopes of pulling a few former fans back into the fanbase. it's all very simple.

Jordan said:

Next big thing said:
Agreed

kittens bieber ♥ said:

but more people don't, at least based on their declining album sales.

Jordan said:

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Jordan said:

Next big thing said:
Agreed

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Weezer makes music today for Rivers' enjoyment. Especially with the last 2 albums (and all of the outside collaboration). My hope is for Weezer to just get together, the 4 of them, and just jam.
Alright, alright. You've won again, Kittens.

kittens bieber ♥ said:

but more people don't, at least based on their declining album sales.

Jordan said:

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Jordan said:

Next big thing said:
Agreed

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video