Does Weezer make music today for their own enjoyment, ours, or both?

Whether the music is good or not, I personally think they do it for the money now a days.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think you should just let them do what they do. even though you think they're selling themselves out, the music is still greatfinetastic. take the state farm song for example, the music rocked.

and we dont know what is going through their minds. honestly, it p***** me off when some people complain of them doing it for the money.

95% their enjoyment
 5% ours

Not that there's anything wrong with that. 
I could care less what they are making the music for.  Just because I think they are doing it for the money does not mean I do not like the band, but I see what you are saying.

sarah leeper said:

i think you should just let them do what they do. even though you think they're selling themselves out, the music is still greatfinetastic. take the state farm song for example, the music rocked.

and we dont know what is going through their minds. honestly, it p***** me off when some people complain of them doing it for the money.

ahaha ok, i respect that.

Next big thing said:
I could care less what they are making the music for.  Just because I think they are doing it for the money does not mean I do not like the band, but I see what you are saying.

sarah leeper said:

Agreed. I don't think they're sell-outs. I think they do whatever they want to do.

They care about their fans (hence the Memories Tour), but I'm sure they don't want to be told what to do.

sarah leeper said:

lol. this reminds me of pork and beans.. was that your intention?

Jordan said:

Agreed. I don't think they're sell-outs. I think they do whatever they want to do.

They care about their fans (hence the Memories Tour), but I'm sure they don't want to be told what to do.

sarah leeper said:

Haha, no. I just realized that, though, after you mentioned it. Strange coincidence, I guess.

sarah leeper said:

lol. this reminds me of pork and beans.. was that your intention?

Jordan said:

sarah leeper said:

Of course they will do what the fans want. That is how they sell. Doing what the fans want can easily be misconstrued as loyalty to the fans instead profit. Why wouldn't they just come out and say that they make music for the fans and are not in it for the money. Rivers has stated that the band is a business.

oh weezer is most definitely a business. rivers' actions at this point are first and foremost about money, not fan loyalty. the memories tour was not done because they care about the fans.

Harsh.
Agreed

kittens bieber ♥ said:

oh weezer is most definitely a business. rivers' actions at this point are first and foremost about money, not fan loyalty. the memories tour was not done because they care about the fans.

I have to disagree. Back when Pinkerton flopped and Rivers (IMO) got bitter about the whole music business it seemed like he was very unhappy. Alot of fans would beg for them to play Pinkerton, and they just wouldn't period.

I'm sure they love money just like everybody does, but i honestly think Rivers gets alot of satisfaction now in making the fans of Weezer happy. I don't think he'll do something just because the fans want it, but if he thinks it's cool he'll do it. If you ask every fan what they want you'll get a million different points of view.

They got to do their own thing or soon enough it  won't be worth it (personally) and we'll have another broken up rock band. The band has recorded some things i'm not a fan of, but as long as they are satisfied and put out some gems (that most other bands couldn't dream of creating) i'm a very happy Weezer fan.

Next big thing said:
Agreed

kittens bieber ♥ said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video