I was reading through some replies on the topic Will Matt Ever Come Back? and I am coming to the conclusion that people do not like Matt Sharp.

They're saying things like he "didn't write any of the songs" or that he was "selfish"...the list goes on.

What are your opinions of Matt?

Tags: matt, sharp

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No.  I just prefer Scott.

And the Matt fanboys...ugh.

Well put.

edgey44 said:
and that scott is too awesome for a human brain to comprehend

King?

There ya go, Scott's already ahead of Matt there.

He's also been with the band a lot longer, so you can't say he hasn't contributed.

He contributes... bass.

Dorian Zelaya said:

MATT, then Mikey then Scott
No offence to Scott but i don't see how he contributes to the band, and Rivers ef'd up big time when Matt left
He also co-wrote "Cold dark world", and his name kicks all sorts of ASS.

Jordan said:

King?

He's also been with the band a lot longer, so you can't say he hasn't contributed.

He contributes... bass.

Dorian Zelaya said:

No offence to Scott but i don't see how he contributes to the band, and Rivers ef'd up big time when Matt left

Cold Dark World sucks......

Anyways, yes losing MATT is not the lone reason why Weezer got drastically worse, but its deffinitley a factor. Matt wasn't a "yes-man" to Rivers. He would actually question some of Rivers' ideas. I can bet that if Matt was still here, he would have said no to Lil-Wayne collabs and half the other embarrassing crap Weezer's done. Would it have mattered? I don't know, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt, He also made some major contributions. He was the one who told Rivers to put Butterfly on Pinkerton. If Matt stayed would we have 10 TBA/Pinkertons? No. I do think that he would have kept some sense in Rivers and we would have a more consistent band. We wouldn't have these AWFUL tracks on some of the albums.

How much more did Matt do, for Weezer?

Dorian Zelaya said:
king that's it, Matt's done more
THIS:

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:

Anyways, yes losing MATT is not the lone reason why Weezer got drastically worse, but its deffinitley a factor. ...I can bet that if Matt was still here, he would have said no to Lil-Wayne collabs and half the other embarrassing crap Weezer's done....He also made some major contributions. He was the one who told Rivers to put Butterfly on Pinkerton. If Matt stayed would we have 10 TBA/Pinkertons? No. I do think that he would have kept some sense in Rivers and we would have a more consistent band. We wouldn't have these AWFUL tracks on some of the albums.

well put. i agree.

Jordan said:

I liked him then, I like him now.

I just think people should get over the fact that he's never coming back. It's nothing against him, it's just been so long.

I liked Mikey, and I like Scott.

Scott is doing the job as good as anyone could.

Alright, throw out his Rentals stuff, because I said for Weezer.

His bass work on Pinkerton, Scott could've done just fine, no one would know the difference.

I agree about Butterfly.

I'm not hating on him, because I thought he was and still is great. I just don't think he was that much better than Scott.

Scott could've done the same stuff, had he been around. It's just something we'll never know.

Dorian Zelaya said:

how much more did he do..?? let's see..
hmm there's Matt urging Rivers to add butterfly, his bass work on pinkerton,his solo work with the rentals.......oh he hired lawyers and stuff etc. and he also landed Weezer their first record deal, that good enough??
I appreciate all of the bassists. I watched VCD for the first time today, and his on-stage persona is amazing. Plus, he was on Weezer's two best albums.
I like Mikey because he had... style, from what I could tell. I envied a lot of his outfits during the green music videos and concerts. He was also a pretty funny dude.
Scott is probably my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love Matt, but I feel scott needs some respect for being on pretty much all of Weezer's stuff. The dude is nice, wears a kilt, and is totally bad ass. That is all.
Matt IS and forever will be the absolute best part of what Weezer was and could be. There's not even an argument here. I don't really see how these idiot boardies have developed the mentality that new Weezer (post-Matt) sucks, yet it has nothing to do with the absence of one of the most influential people in Rivers' life. Rivers is 60% of Weezer. Pat is 10% and Matt is 30%. Which isn't to say I dislike Brian in any way, he's much better than his alternative. However, I think the next great Weezer album will only become so by adding Matt's influence. Scott is a sorry excuse for a replacement and Mikey was yet another step below that. The world's greatest bands have always become such by having a collaborative songwriting couple. Lennon & McCartney, Jagger & Richards, Wilson & Wilson, Morrissey & Marr, Gallagher & Gallagher, Albarn & Coxon, Black Francis & Joey Santiago, and most definitely Cuomo & Sharp.

like this..

it's not all about contribution though. for me it's harmony.

and i like weezer now better than when they were with Matt.

in my humble opinion, scott is MUCH MUCH better than Matt regardless of his contribution, what so ever

Jordan said:

King?

He contributes... bass.

Dorian Zelaya said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video