I was reading through some replies on the topic Will Matt Ever Come Back? and I am coming to the conclusion that people do not like Matt Sharp.

They're saying things like he "didn't write any of the songs" or that he was "selfish"...the list goes on.

What are your opinions of Matt?

Tags: matt, sharp

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ha in my post, i wrote "pat could have pulled off"....that should say scott, my bad

Exactly, Rivers credit where it's due. One other thing, wouldn't Pat have left if he felt that Rivers was in the wrong?

Jordan said:

I'm not quite sure, but I know that Jason's credit was for writing the awesome intro on My Name is Jonas.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

I have only one question, and it is out of genuine curiousity, If Matt wrote half of the songs from the first two albums, why did Pat Wilson and Jason Cropper get credit for co-writing "My name is Jonas" and another song from the TBA when Matt got nothing? Its on the credits from Video Capture Device. I might have read it wrong.

don't like him at all.

Okay people, here's a little questionnaire for you guys. It has various categories that touch on the differences between Matt and Scott. Watch the videos bellow and simply tell me who excels in each category.

Stage presence:

- Matt

vs.

- Scott

Songs they pushed for on Weezer records:

- Matt

vs.

- Scott

Side projects:

- Matt

vs.

- Scott

Those might be the most annoying youtube videos ever.  Whenever I click on one of them it opens a new window too and they both start playing at the same time.  Then I can't pause or skip ahead without it opening a new window too.  Damn you youtube!!!!
I dont hate matt, I love the rentals. The fact of the matter is that he left the band and thats that. Forge ahead and move on people.

And the winner, lades and gentlemen:

Brian Bell.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

Okay people, here's a little questionnaire for you guys. It has various categories that touch on the differences between Matt and Scott. Watch the videos bellow and simply tell me who excels in each category.

Stage presence:

- Matt

It kinda stinks that Matt isn't on Weezer anymore. Just think about the popularity he could have! But I don't really. It's been so long, people should just put it behind them. At least he left during the early stages of Weezer, so newer fans wouldn't really recognize him too much.

It's difficult to say the influence Matt Sharp had on the band. Without the falsettos, many Weezer songs would not nearly sound as good. Examples would be Say it Ain't So, El Scorcho, and Undone.

He also fought for Butterfly. Butterfly's a good song, but not mindblowingly good. It's a good closing song, though.

Would Weezer be different if Matt Sharp stayed? Definitely. It was because of Matt's first album that Rivers didn't release the concept album Songs from the Black H***. Who knows where they would have gone had that album been released.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video