hello all,

to sum it up quickly, later in the year i'm looking at spending a year away on a travel/ working visa... i know that Australia offers a 12 month one but i'm struggling to find information on the USA also any help on Asia/ New Zealand/ Canada... pretty much the world would be really, really appreciated.

thanks all :)

Tags: idon'twantotlivehereanymore

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's really to enjoy myself but earn a bit to keep me going, i'm struggling to find a decent full time job here and despise the one i'm in so i would happily bugger off somewhere for a year or so.

US visas seem a little difficult to get hold of for only a 4 month period... i'll just see how this pans out, i've got plenty of time to decide

Jumpin on the floor (natkat) said:

If you are looking for someplace to get away and don't have a job preference  I would suggest checking out some exotic vacation destination and look into the hospitality/hotel/touristy jobs and see if someone will give you a work visa there. Your best bet is probably to look for a seasonal job before holiday/peak seasons when employers are most desperate.  Pay probably sucks but thats one way to get away. Unless you are a professional/ have some sort of career going and then work visa in your area of expertise might be more difficult... then I think its all about connections and you would have to be more specific as to what you need so ppl can help you.... Honestly though I have no idea how the work visa thing works here in the US, I think first step is to look for job and then see if they will provide you with a work visa... I think

Well, up here in Queensland you can find a ranch job easy or work in the mines...you would make a lot of money, but would have little time to enjoy yourself.  Not much work available other than that here in Townsville right now, but I think it will be easier to find something after the summer is over.  Also, I'm sure you could find something easy in Cairns which isn't too far north of me.  It's a much more touristy place so they get a lot more business.  And there is bound to be jobs easily found in the big cities down south like Melbourne. 

edgey44 - inventing mostly said:

anything really bud, bar work, farm work, or if any jobs are going in civil engineering i would go for that :D

if-i-were-an-orange said:

what kind of work are you looking for?  it took me a while to find a job even in the food industry.  but pay is pretty good here.

would it be easy enough to get work up your end of Aus?

if-i-were-an-orange said:

also

come to OZ....you can be my tag team partner in kangaroo wrestling

(i no longer do kangaroo boxing, it is too corrupt and many kangaroos are paid to take falls...kangaroo wrestling is an honorable sport)

you don't need a visa to work in wales. just sayin'...

Should not be a problem in the US if its only for a few months and no more than a year,and you are just looking to go on a long vacation and want to work to supplement your trip. Look into a working holiday visa. I know a few of my cousins did this during their trips to the US and worked those booths in the middle of the shopping malls....

i had everything sorted to go.

then i got a call and was offered a job too good to turn down...i move to york next month \o/

travelling the world will have to wait, thanks for the help guys :)

congratulations! what's the new job?

then i got a call and was offered a job too good to turn down...i move to york next month \o/

"level crossing ground plan design engineer" or as i call it....... trains

for network rail, but i have to move down south !! YORKSHIRE

berry_rydell [berry_rydell] said:

nice. fyi, york is the furthest north i've ever been

my cousin just started working for network rail in cardiff (office job, though, not engineering).

"level crossing ground plan design engineer" or as i call it....... trains

for network rail, but i have to move down south !! YORKSHIRE

berry_rydell [berry_rydell] said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video