Do you think Weezer has lost the "Pinkerton" fire? Why or why not?

I personally don't think so, people claim so. Rivers life is just a lot better now, so he doesn't write depressing lyrics anymore. He writes how he feels. He feels happy, henceforth the cheerful lyrics. He can't complain.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cheerful lyrics, with the same Pinkerton wordplay and I'm a happy Weezer fan. :)
I wish every one had that state of mind.

David J. Stepp (DJS92491) said:
Cheerful lyrics, with the same Pinkerton wordplay and I'm a happy Weezer fan. :)
yes. it would be great if everyone thought exactly the same way.

Harvey Pinkerton said:

Everyone! Everyone! Everyone! Every-one, yeah! Kick a bum! Kick a bum! Kick a bum! Kick that buuum, yeah! Everyone! Everyone! Everyone! Every-one, yeah!....

pandaž! [berry_rydell] said:
yes. it would be great if everyone thought exactly the same way.

Harvey Pinkerton said:

Well, he was more consistent in the 90s, but he still writes some amazing stuff now.

It's not about writing lyrics that are depressing, its about writing heartfelt songs, that have real meaning, that aren't universally written lyrically, and have a backing band and a recording that sounds full of energy and heart.

No one ever said rivers...Write pinkerton 2. We want you to be heartbroken and the lyrics to reflect that. We just wanted ambitious songs, an ambitious ( COHESIVE ALBUM), and something that him and his hardcore fans could be proud of.

You don't hear hardcore fans complaining about Miss sweeney, or pig.

What do you mean when you say "Pinkerton fire?"
Pinkerton was and is still amazing.  But Hurley and Death To False Metal are still great, as well.  I think that that's good enough!  Just because they don't sound like Pinkerton doesn't mean they can't be AWESOME!
If by "Pinkerton fire" you mean the ability to write masterpieces, then no I don't think they have lost it.  But I do feel like they hold back when writing their albums nowadays.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love each and every album they put out, but let's be honest, would anyone really call Raditude a "masterpiece"? Not even close.  A light-hearted enjoyable album, but Rivers' best work? Definitely not. Pinkerton is a complete masterpiece in my eyes.  In other words, there was nothing they could have possibly done to make it better than it is.  It is the best possible thing they (or any band for that matter) could put out.  I absolutely do not expect them to top or even match Pinkerton.  If they really tried and put their hearts into the music 100% I think they could come close in quality.  I don't expect it to happen, and I take each new album with a grain of salt so I can just enjoy them for what they are and not dwell on what they could've been.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video