What did you think? I personally thought it was the best movie of the year, even better than Harry Potter! It was funny, the songs were catchy, and I was smiling from beginning to end :)

but what did YOU think?  Were you thoroughly entertained? Did you find it corny? Were the celebrity cameos too much? (I personally wanted a Weezer cameo, or at least a REFERENCE to Keep Fishin', and more Neil Patrick Harris, but whatevs) Did Jason Segel recapture Jim Henson's magic? Tell me!

Tags: Funny, Henson, Movie, Muppets, NPH, Opinion, Segel, Walter

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm seeing it tomorrow and haven't been so excited for a movie in a long time.

I'm going to see it Saturday!  I can't wait!  Squee!!!

I saw it, and it was fantastic. The cameos were enjoyable and didn't take away from the movie at all. It had a lot of jokes poking fun of themselves and the genre, which made the movie so enjoyable for older kids and adults. I was never a huge muppets fan mostly due to the show being a few years before my time (I've seen a few movies but not the television show) but that took nothing away from the movie and still loved it without being fully exposed to the characters beforehand. Bret Mckenzie did a GREAT job with the soundtrack and I could definitely hear some Flight of the Conchords in it. My only complaint would be the ending, which imo ended kind of quick, but still great. I also expected to see a "Dedicated to Jim Henson" at the end of the movie, which there was not. Possibly that was said after the credits, but I left before the credits finished rolling. 

All in all, it was a great movie that everyone would enjoy, including new fans.

Also,

(SPOILER)

Dave Grohl as the Moopets drummer was lulz  

I loved it! It was supah funny! And don't worry Hobo Joe, I notice you!

What a great film. Had a great deal of heart but also self-referential stuff and awesome music.

C'mon? Everyone loves The Muppets? 
Unfortunately, the film isn't in UK cinemas yet. It says it won't get here till February :(

bastard brofessefef said:

Idiots. The lot of you.

Human Walter in Man or Muppet is My personal favorite cameo

Stefan said:

I saw it, and it was fantastic. The cameos were enjoyable and didn't take away from the movie at all. It had a lot of jokes poking fun of themselves and the genre, which made the movie so enjoyable for older kids and adults. I was never a huge muppets fan mostly due to the show being a few years before my time (I've seen a few movies but not the television show) but that took nothing away from the movie and still loved it without being fully exposed to the characters beforehand. Bret Mckenzie did a GREAT job with the soundtrack and I could definitely hear some Flight of the Conchords in it. My only complaint would be the ending, which imo ended kind of quick, but still great. I also expected to see a "Dedicated to Jim Henson" at the end of the movie, which there was not. Possibly that was said after the credits, but I left before the credits finished rolling. 

All in all, it was a great movie that everyone would enjoy, including new fans.

Also,

(SPOILER)

Dave Grohl as the Moopets drummer was lulz  

Idiots? How about people who enjoy good movies, even if they aren't in 3D or are CGI?

bastard brofessefef said:

Idiots. The lot of you.

He never said he hated the Muppets. He just called us idiots. Maybe he really likes the Muppets but just thinks we are idiots too.

Well, that makes more sense.

PUPPIES! said:

He never said he hated the Muppets. He just called us idiots. Maybe he really likes the Muppets but just thinks we are idiots too.

I loved this movie.  All the cameos were great...besides Selena Gomez and that kid from Modern Family.

Dave Grohl was my favorite part.  I've always thought of him as Animal, and he used to wear a little Animal wrist band back when they were touring/promoting One by One.

perfect movie

I'm seeing it tomorrow!!! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service