Did anyone here go to the Hotel Cafe (LA) Acoustic Show on 11/03/02?

From the weezer recording history, there was an acoustic weezer show in 2002 where Rivers, Brian & Scott played a set full of new songs, live.  This eneded up being the last weezer show until Make Believe was released.  Did anyone here go to the show?  It's crazy that there is not a single bootleg of a weezer show with all new songs played live in LA. This is kind of like the "holy grail" of live weezer shows..

11/03/02 Show: acoustic set at The Hotel Cafe, Los Angeles:

1. 387 Yahoo
2. 360 Private message
3. 396 Cold glass of water
4. 390 Peace
5. 353 flown away
7. 397 Everybody Wants A Chance To Feel All Alone
8. 368 kings of money (a.k.a. prodigy lover)
9. 395 leave me alone

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure I've ever heard a fan report about it. Hopefully the guy who asked about it at Nerd Night II has convinced Rivers to maybe leak it some day.
love how it's such an extenuating process for rivers to 'leak' a few demos that he can literally release whenever he wants. what a guy. don't worry though, he's such a nice guy for releasing a few demos from 93/94/95. you should be grateful. 

Gohi said:
Not sure I've ever heard a fan report about it. Hopefully the guy who asked about it at Nerd Night II has convinced Rivers to maybe leak it some day.
I'm not sure why he hasn't just started up a website where we can buy whatever demos we want for .99 a pop (as you've said many times). He'd make a fortune.
eh - not a fortune. but he'd make more money than he would releasing 20 songs every 2 years.  according to him, there's only 100 or so demos worth listening to, and the rest are either 'half finished' (which people would still buy) or 'half-baked'. what an idiot. 

Gohi said:
I'm not sure why he hasn't just started up a website where we can buy whatever demos we want for .99 a pop (as you've said many times). He'd make a fortune.
I hope that the demos get released because there weren't that many other demos released by =w= in 2002 after Maladroit.
Obviously the songs were good enough to be played live in front of an audience, so it's a shame they haven't seen the light of day with the exception of the people who attended that show.  Also pretty surprised that no one on this forum has chimed in yet and said they were there.
Bill, from what I understand, only friends and family were made aware of an invited to this show. That's probably why nobody on here has chimed in yet.
that plus most of the people on this forum are between the ages of 14 and 17.

Gohi said:
Bill, from what I understand, only friends and family were made aware of an invited to this show. That's probably why nobody on here has chimed in yet.
I thought Songs From The Black H*** was the holy grail, not this thing.

not really.  we're going to end up having most of black h*** with the release of alone 3. 

plus, in my original post i said it was the holy grail of LIVE weezer shows...

Jupiter 80 said:

I thought Songs From The Black H*** was the holy grail, not this thing.
Jupes had a string of grumpy posts last night.

obviously on the cruise there were a lot of hardcore fans around.  at one point i ran into two girls & started talking to them; one of them said she was at this show.  she didn't have bootlegs or pictures but said maybe knows someone who might have taken a picture.  i got their email addresses, so we'll see.  to my knowledge there aren't even any pictures out there of this show.  i asked for any info she could remember about it, but she just said it was really short.

anyways, it just really strange that a whole weezer live set was preformed, with virtually all new songs, and it's never made its way out there to the masses.

btw, talking about rare weezer music related stuff like this was a major highlight of the cruise, for me at least

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video