who all has heard it?
i was really looking forward to this but this is just bad, and rivers' vocals sound... not good. 

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like it, although it's release with Pinkerton Deluxe means it's being underplayed by me for a while. Got Getting Up and Leaving & Tragic Girl on heavy rotation.
Blowin' My Stack is really catchy. I like it. Though I find "blowin' my stack...it makes me feel good!" to sound like a dirty line though by the context of the rest of the song I don't think it is.

My personal opinion on DTFM is that it is pretty darned good. Obviously it is no Blue or Pinkerton, but I enjoy it from start to finish. Hurley and DTFM are both refreshing to me after Raditude, my least favorite Weezer album. As long as anything Weezer puts out after is as good as these or better I will be happy.
Blowin' my Stack, Trampoline, Odd Couple and Autopilot are amazing songs. Anyone who doesn't enjoy them is bonkers.

Philip Taylor Jr. said:
Blowin' My Stack is really catchy. I like it. Though I find "blowin' my stack...it makes me feel good!" to sound like a dirty line though by the context of the rest of the song I don't think it is.

Hahaha glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I love the song, too, btw.
DTFM is the first album Weezer has released since MB that consistently sounds like Weezer. TRA, Rad and Hurley all have some very unweezer songs. I really enjoy DTFM. It probably would be getting more of my attention if it wasn't for Pinkerton DE.

Philip Taylor Jr. said:

My personal opinion on DTFM is that it is pretty darned good. Obviously it is no Blue or Pinkerton, but I enjoy it from start to finish. Hurley and DTFM are both refreshing to me after Raditude, my least favorite Weezer album. As long as anything Weezer puts out after is as good as these or better I will be happy.

"Blowin My Stack" is slang for being freakishly mad. I believe it came from cartoons where people'e heads smoke like a smokestack when they are angry. Theres nothing dirty about it.

Philip Taylor Jr. said:

I thought it was referring to blowing an amp stack. If you blow an amp it's usually because you're playing it beyond its limits. Which is something you'd do if you're annoyed or frustrated; it perfectly fits the song's theme! Also, the left channel has a guitar playing through a blown out amp which is genius in my opinion.

Blowin' My Stack has amazing guitar work (seriously, that solo, hot damn), awesome screams and a great fakeout chorus at the end (really unexpected, you caught me off guard! I'd like to see these curveballs more often Rivers), pretty much all of it is brilliant.

Also, you guys are st00pid, where's the appreciation for I'm a Robot's solo! That has to be the best solo Rivers has delivered to us in a very long time.
I agree!! Everyone rocks!

Caelan Register said:
Why is everyone saying that Everyone is no good? I LOVED Everyone, it may even be my favorite song on the album. Either that or Losing My Mind.
i will never in my life understand how anyone can listen to 'blowing my stack'...
I am enjoying it immensely . . . even though "autopilot" and "I'm a robot" seem to be sending me a hint about my life . . . . And I'm sorry, Toni B., but weez just saved your song for me.
I guess that I'm the weird one for liking Odd Couple the most out of this album. I guess it all depends on what songs you can relate to.
i think DTFM is really good theres loads of great songs on it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video