who all has heard it?
i was really looking forward to this but this is just bad, and rivers' vocals sound... not good. 

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought it was a good album. I'm a sucker for covers also. I think it's cool hearing bands do other songs. As far as their old material is concerned I thought it was cool that the went back and finished what they started. Mykel and Carli was awesome!
DTFM is a fantastic album (or CD I guess) but hard to get past the first 3 songs because they rock so much! "Turning up the radio" and "Blowin my stack" eloquently state what I feel every single day. Not sure I like it better than Hurley, especially the deluxe version with "Viva la vida" and "I want to be something" but the difference is only style and tone not quality. Incredible for =W= to put out 2 such high quality efforts in such a short time frame. Hope an Atlanta show becomes an annual event on the =W= calendar.
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I think the cover rocks and totally fits as if it were a genuine Weezer track and not a cover. Love it.

Stefan P'Pool JR said:
I thought it was a good album. I'm a sucker for covers also. I think it's cool hearing bands do other songs. As far as their old material is concerned I thought it was cool that the went back and finished what they started. Mykel and Carli was awesome!
I really did like almost every song in DTFM. I can't seem to get myself into the cover. I'm just happy Turning Up The Radio was on there. I've been waiting for that damn song to be finalized for years.
Haven't heard it cuz it's not in my country (Indonesia) yet (heard that it will be released here on Nov 17)...but I love Weezer blindly that I never think that any of their songs are bad.
Rivers is definitely a 'melody genius'
I found of it to be a combination of styles found in different albums as I expected. A shame what albums it draws from. At times it contains the soullessness of Green and Hurley with the terrible synthy meme-ness that was Raditude. Trampoline is almost bearable I guess, but bah...

I honestly think the track Autopilot is now in hot competition with such Weezer songs as Represent, Can't Stop Partying (Rad version) and Beverly Hills.

Thank God Alone III is coming.
everyone = boring
loved TUTR and BMS and Trampoline and I'm a Robot

GalaxyDuster said:
I just picked it up tonight, and listened through a few times. I love it!!!

... I mean, did you not hear Everyone? Seriously??? The whole disc is great, but that one just about knocked me out of my chair with its awesomeness.
I love it, and Rivers vox especially sounds so rough and all over it just sounds so emotive.
Really tops... to me at least.
good or not, how can a compilation album be considered as album 9? although really if you think about it, alot of songs that make it on weezer albums were considered for previous albums or written for previous albums. so alot of them could be considered compilations too. right?
DTFM should not be treated too seriously as a Weezer album. It is effectively a collection of b-sides/rarities which didn't quite make the grade on previous Weezer releases.
Some of the tracks are quite entertaining, but not particularly great. Obviously Weezer themselves didn't feel they were quite good enough to be included on their general album releases.
However, i do feel Weezer have missed a bit of a trick with DTFM. Even with the recent deluxe editions for both the Blue album & Pinkerton there must be much more than 10 unreleased/rare tracks in the Weezer vault.
Weezer should have taken a leaf out of the Eels book. Eels released a double album of 50 rarities/b-sides/unreleased tracks(some good,bad & ugly) for the same retail price as DTFM!
How can anyone who's into the band not like "Blowin' My Stack"? Not trying to condescend, but this will go down as a classic Weezer track, kiddies.
yeah runners!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video