who all has heard it?
i was really looking forward to this but this is just bad, and rivers' vocals sound... not good. 

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dungeon Master said:
all you homies who are diss'in weezer are going to be so sad when Rivers is dead.

He's written hundreds of songs and definitely could've released far better songs to the public.
I wasn't crazy about it.

Favorite songs: I'm a Robot, Tuning Up The Radio and Un-Break My Heart (My sister really digs it.)
yeah well, he's also written hundreds of bad songs. DTFM is pretty much what we get, middle of the road. a few good songs, a few meh songs and a few bad songs.

people should be happy they get anything, let a lone a few good songs every album. hot damn, most signed bands are lucky if they can manage one good song on every record they make. U2 couldn't even pull together enough to produce one decent song on their last album.

Memories Tour 4 Australia said:
Dungeon Master said:
all you homies who are diss'in weezer are going to be so sad when Rivers is dead.

He's written hundreds of songs and definitely could've released far better songs to the public.
I just finished listening to DTFM. I really like it. Can we all agree that this album features some of the best guitar tones, solos and bridges that other recent releases have sometimes lacked?

Turning Up The Radio [5/5]
The newly mixed and fine-tuned version sounds like it could be a hit. They should push this as a single. With all the love the 80s receives, the song will probably chart simply for nostalgic reasons.

I Don't Want Your Loving [3/5]
The ending to this was fun and unexpected. Its cool to hear a full band version of this song. As fans have said for years, this song's weak point is the somewhat blase lyrics.

Blowin My Stack [3/5]
This features a great melody, guitar solo and an awesome bridge…but the lyrics ruin it a bit. It's gross but I just equate the chorus to "Bustin My Nut, it makes me feel good" haha. However, I listen to melody more than lyrics so I can forgive it.

Losing My Mind [3.5/5]
Kind of like an earlier version of Spider. It's pretty good and has a very low key and somber feel. The back-up vocals sound good and the strings remind me of mid-nineties Oasis.

Everyone [2/5]
This contrasts with the mellow song that precedes it. It's silly but kind of funny. Not really a stand-out track.

I'm A Robot [2.5/5]
Fun, danceable song. Has a mid 60s garage rock feel. The vocal delivery and lyrics could have been given more work. The song doesn't really go anywhere very interesting.

Trampoline [4.5/5]
Melody in the beginning is similar to "Private Message." I really like this song. Sounds like a song from the A5 or Pinkerton period.

The Odd Couple [3.5/5]
Not crazy about the cheesy 80s vibe. But once the chorus kicks in, this song becomes fun. Brian's voice sounds really good with Rivers. Sounds like it could be the B-Side to the Turning Up The Radio single that they should put out!

Autopilot [3/5]
Another 80s sounding song? This one really sounds like Sugar Ray! It trudges along but the synth line is great.

Unbreak My Heart [3/5]
A nice track for novelty reasons but not much interesting going on here. I have been interested in hearing this though ever since we learned about it when Make Believe was released. The guitar tone has that distinct sound from the Make Believe period.

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

This album is a lot of fun. These were throw-away tracks but the work that went into polishing up the songs really paid off. I think it has a very interesting and unique sound. Obviously nothing groundbreaking but still catchy and enjoyable.

Now, WTF is with the cover?!
DTFM is great. I love it. My only problem is that there are only 10 tracks on it. I'd love to see a volume 2 in the near future.
Guitar solos!
-Samuel
okay, DTFM is incredible and getting it the same day as P:DE is exceptional. i LOVE dtfm way more than i thought i would and the production on the real cd is a LOT better than downloads i got off the interwebs.

also, what's up with nobody saying "Everybody" is a great song, cuz it is.
i thought everyone was the weakest song on the album. it was boring

legendofchin97 said:
okay, DTFM is incredible and getting it the same day as P:DE is exceptional. i LOVE dtfm way more than i thought i would and the production on the real cd is a LOT better than downloads i got off the interwebs.

also, what's up with nobody saying "Everybody" is a great song, cuz it is.
You really like Everyone?
haha yeah i do. maybe i have bad taste in music or something. but i do like it. and i like how the next song starts all soft.
Very average, I was expecting a lot better. I Don't Want Your Loving and Trampoline are the only standouts for me.
What's not to like??? It's Weezer baby!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video