Death to False Metal was supposed to be Odds and Ends, which to my knowledge was a collection of remastered demos, b-sides, recordings, etc.

Buuuut...  If Death to False Metal is solely recorded versions of unheard demos, wouldn't that technically make it a new album?  I mean with no b-sides or live recordings, it's essentially the same thing as a new album, they're just using material from awhile back.

What do you think?  Is it a rarities album or is it a studio album?

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of these songs have been heard before. Most haven't but there are only 10 songs on the album and if like 3 of them have been heard at one time or another it's not really a new album. I can't tell you exacly what songs I've heard but I know I've heard a few in the past.
I guess people will be asking this question for a while... the more I think about it, DTFM may actually be considered album 9 for two reasons.

1 None of the songs have "officially" been released before by Geffen
2 From what I can tell, all the songs are Reworked (keyword)

On the other hand, perhaps this will create a new column in Weezer's Discography - Something that technically isn't a new album, and technically isn't a compilation.

I guess we'll find out soon.
The three songs are Turn it Up, I Don't Want Your Lovin, and Yellow Camero

The Beatles did this with Let it Be, that's still an official album right?
Rivers said it has no b-sides and that he considers it a new album. While we have heard Turn it Up or Turnin Turnin before, we're not sure if it's the same version on the album. We also don't know if any of these tracks are versions of the songs we haven't heard, or possibly recordings of them we haven't heard.

Either way, from Weezer's perspective it counts as an official Album. In my own perspective? Yeah I see how it walks that line between the two. Either way I'm getting it haha.
Where did R-dawg say that?

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
Rivers said it has no b-sides and that he considers it a new album. While we have heard Turn it Up or Turnin Turnin before, we're not sure if it's the same version on the album. We also don't know if any of these tracks are versions of the songs we haven't heard, or possibly recordings of them we haven't heard.

Either way, from Weezer's perspective it counts as an official Album. In my own perspective? Yeah I see how it walks that line between the two. Either way I'm getting it haha.
Rivers himself said this was Album 9.
Yeah. Rivers considers this album nine. When he talks about the new album next year, he refers to it as album ten.

Corey Gregory said:
Rivers himself said this was Album 9.
I didn't know the songs were being rerecorded. That changes things.
blakesp26 said:
The Beatles did this with Let it Be, that's still an official album right?

So we should give Phil Spector the recordings?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video