An actual super-serious post (as opposed to my usual drunk ramblings and insults).

Basically, I'll be moving away for the next academic year (starting in September) for University. I'll be moving to Northampton (Don't judge me, it was either Gateshead, Sunderland, Hull or Northampton..).

Gotta admit, it's becoming a daunting prospect. As I said, I'll only be there for one academic year (finishing off my Bachelors Degree in music), but I'll be 300 miles away from anybody that I know and, well... let's just say my social skills leave much to be desired.

I've asked the people who I know that have moved away for Uni about their experiences, some good, some bad. One says that it was the best couple of years that they had, and another says they've become more lonely and depressed than ever before. So it's a mixed bag and I'm not sure what to expect.

Just posting this here to ask what you guys think about moving away for Uni/moving away in general, maybe some experiences. I'll take any advice too because I'm absolutely clueless.

Oh, and for those that don't know who I am

• I'm Blurkom
  • I'm 20, male
  • Enjoys long romantic walks on the beaches

Tags: NASA, f***

Views: 225

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't any good advice.  But I do have this linkfor you. 

yeah pretty much

except i'm not at the skittles part yet

one can hope though

Avery Doll said:

I haven't any good advice.  But I do have this link for you. 

-Having a party?

-NOPE!

The only problem is, once you break through, other people's human feelings will really start to confuse you.

Dr. Barack Lurkom, PhD said:

yeah pretty much

except i'm not at the skittles part yet

one can hope though

Avery Doll said:

I haven't any good advice.  But I do have this link for you. 

NOPE

i would write a nice long reply to this, but i'm going to bed so that can wait til tomorrow... but i will say what a cracking attachment!! 

Every single thing is better with a picture of Shola eating an apple whilst riding a bicycle.

edgey44 - inventing mostly said:

i would write a nice long reply to this, but i'm going to bed so that can wait til tomorrow... but i will say what a cracking attachment!! 

smoke lots of pot instead

I like your style.

hintofcoolness said:

smoke lots of pot instead

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…