There seems to be a lot of criticism regarding weezer getting too mainstream or too commercial, so on the flip side of this, what do you think is Weezer's darkest song?

First thought is for Across the Sea - amazing song but I remember feeling pretty shocked when I first heard the lyrics about thinking about how an 18 year old girl touches herself. No One Else has to be up there too.

Less obvious but for some reason I always come back to Space Rock. Written during some of Rivers' toughest times, IMO easily the worst song on any of the albums, with lyrics seemingly aimed at the people on the old =w= boards.

Hello by the way :)

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

(If Youre Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To

like, c'mon, look at the grammar in the title.

Tragic girl comes to mind.

What does "dark" mean? 

Cold Dark World is dark for me...like leathery black dark....reminds me of Batman....and the title makes it even darker ;)

Yes, these two definitely have my vote for being dark. Two of my favorites!

Abby said:
Butterfly or Pig
most songs from pinkerton are pretty dark....but the darkest......getchoo, oh "haunt you everyday"  and why not i'll throw in "tragic girl"
Compare Tired of Sex to Island in the Sun. Island in the Sun is a song with a happy sound, while Tired of Sex well...isn't. That's what we mean by dark.

Natkat128 said:

What does "dark" mean? 

Cold Dark World is dark for me...like leathery black dark....reminds me of Batman....and the title makes it even darker ;)

K....thanks...so I am gonna go with Haunt You Every Day

Connor Dalton [awesome] said:
Compare Tired of Sex to Island in the Sun. Island in the Sun is a song with a happy sound, while Tired of Sex well...isn't. That's what we mean by dark.

Natkat128 said:

What does "dark" mean? 

I'm A Robot? I mean he's trying to say that he isn't feeling anything on the inside and that his life is a mess.

Changed my mind...

The Spider

Pig and spider 

Everyone

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…