I saw mention of a Death To False Metal night on the cruise. Does this mean they're going to play that album?

Tags: Death, false, metal, to

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no silly, they're just going to talk about it...with you, because you'll be the only one there

Its a theme night. Doesnt mean they're playing the album necessairly.

According to weezerpedia.com..."The title Death To False Metal comes from a phrase that Cuomo and his younger brother used when they were kids."

Ah, I'd read that it was a phrase used by Manowar, a heavy metal band from the 80s (which might be where Rivers and his brother picked it up...).  I do wonder what we are supposed to do with that - do we dress in a true metal fashion? Are we going to hear songs from DTFM, or maybe even some cool metal cover songs? Intriguing!

Lisa said:I do wonder what we are supposed to do with that - do we dress in a true metal fashion?

Good to know I'm not the only one trying to figure that out....

I invite you to use your imaginations…interpret it how you will.

Be true to yourself, have fun. Don't over think it. If you want to rock Kiss boots, then go for it. Alternatively, wear a Slayer shirt…it's all good.

"When asked if the album's title was intended to be ironic, Cuomo told MusicRadar, "I was very much into Slayer as a teenager, and Metallica, and what I would have thought of as the real metal. And that was an expression we used to kick around - "Death to false metal" - because it seemed like there were so many bands coming up that didn't have that; the integrity of the bands that we loved, my brother and I and our friends."

"And so I had just been talking to my brother a few months ago, and we were reminiscing about those times, and he reminded me of that expression – "Death to false metal." And it just gave me such a warm feeling of a time in my life when I took musical style so seriously."

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/weezers-rivers-cuomo-on-p...

Lion on the floor (natkat) said:

Lisa said:I do wonder what we are supposed to do with that - do we dress in a true metal fashion?

Good to know I'm not the only one trying to figure that out....

Personally, I'm picturing outrageous spandex and lots of aquanet. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video