Is it still going to happen tomorrow?? We're traveling to go to it and don't want to make the trip and find out they've canceled it due to the weather that went about yesterday.

Any Birmingham natives or Sarah/Karl... do you guys know?

Thanks!

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm loling at y'alls description of crawfish. Guess I take some things for granted! Crawfish boils are a spring time staple around here. Abita even makes a beer to accompany them--their Pecan Harvest. I love them, but I've never been brave enough to suck the heads, although apparently that part's really spicy and delicious.

I wonder if Rivers or the rest of the guys tried any. I know some vegetarians that will eat them because they don't really have sensory nerves to feel pain. I can't help but feel bad for the little guys, though, boiled live like they are.

They're boiled alive?? :(

Yeah, like little lobsters. For what it's worth, I don't think they can feel it, and it's over pretty fast. That's what they always told me when I was a little girl, anyway. I kinda choose to believe it, I think. (By the way, don't eat the straight ones--it means they were dead when they were boiled.) 

They're everywhere down here. We call them "mudbugs" because they build little mud houses all over the place during the season. My mom's family was poor growing up so for a snack, they used to catch them out of ditches with a little chewing gum and cook them in tin cans. 

jKlein said:

That sounds awesome!  That should be in a Little Rascals movie.

WeezerWoman said:

Yeah, like little lobsters. For what it's worth, I don't think they can feel it, and it's over pretty fast. That's what they always told me when I was a little girl, anyway. I kinda choose to believe it, I think. (By the way, don't eat the straight ones--it means they were dead when they were boiled.) 

They're everywhere down here. We call them "mudbugs" because they build little mud houses all over the place during the season. My mom's family was poor growing up so for a snack, they used to catch them out of ditches with a little chewing gum and cook them in tin cans. 

jKlein said:

It says the video is unavaliable :/.

jKlein said:

btw, Hugh-- my husband took some videos of the show. I may upload them sometime. I did upload this one tho (excuse the dude who was next to my husband... he kept waving his arms right over the shot, ugh):

Oh.. maybe it's because I have it set on friends only. (it's from Facebook)

Hugh Lovric said:

jKlein said:

btw, Hugh-- my husband took some videos of the show. I may upload them sometime. I did upload this one tho (excuse the dude who was next to my husband... he kept waving his arms right over the shot, ugh):

I was about to post that....I can see it with no problems!

jKlein said:

Hugh Lovric said:

jKlein said:

That's because you're my friend on facebook (and after the boil.. in real life too!!!)

Cathy Sherman (Midly) said:
I was about to post that....I can see it with no problems!

jKlein said:

Hugh Lovric said:

jKlein said:

YAY ME!!

Cathy and I.. (As Runners says... the forces of evil unite... hahaha)

I love this picture.  Sooooooo cute.....

(that shirt is really NOT flattering on me...ugh)

really cute pic!

jKlein said:

Cathy and I.. (As Runners says... the forces of evil unite... hahaha)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video