I was thrilled to hear about the memories tour.  Ridiculously excited,  actually.  I get to hear my two favourite Weezer albums performed in their entirety?  All the times I've been at Weezer concerts going, "Please please play this.."  Now I'm guaranteed to go to a concert where I KNOW these songs I've always prayed to hear live... will be played.  For 75 dollars per ticket.

Seriously?  I'm not trying to whine here...  but that's a little steep,  even for New York.  My husband and I grew up listening to Weezer, as did our friends.  Unfortunately as we grew up,  we acquired things called bills, and "family emergencies".  Some of us had children,  got real jobs...  And can't possibly afford 75 dollars a ticket to go see one of their all time favourite bands play right now.  Add on one drink and coat check,  and we're looking at a 200 dollar night.  


I <3 me some Weezer,  believe me.  <3 them long time.  But 75 dollars is a lot,  and my car's due for an inspection soon... I hope all that are able to afford it,  enjoy it.  You're very lucky.

Tags: Concert, New, York, memories, prices, tickets, tour

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure what, if any, concerts you've attended in the past 5 years, but these tickets are actually on the low end of average for well established, major bands. Your Pearl Jams and Dave Matthews types are more like $75 face, U2 and Stones $100+, etc....this is what everybody illegally downloading music has done. Well, that's not the only factor, but it is a factor.
Weezer should not be commanding prices that that BIGGEST BANDS IN THE WORLD command. You just named off huge selling bands that sell out major arenas all over the world. Weezer played arenas at one time in their career maybe but they are not DMB or U2. I paid $52 for my ticket and that's easily the most I've ever paid to see Weezer. I'm willing to bet if they played larger venues on this tour, prices would come down otherwise they wouldn't sell out.


Christopher Hickman said:
I'm not sure what, if any, concerts you've attended in the past 5 years, but these tickets are actually on the low end of average for well established, major bands. Your Pearl Jams and Dave Matthews types are more like $75 face, U2 and Stones $100+, etc....this is what everybody illegally downloading music has done. Well, that's not the only factor, but it is a factor.
Seven, are you named after the Sunny Day Real Estate tune?
That's my point - they're NOT charging what the biggest bands in the world charge, they're charging less. But I challenge you to find a popular major label act charging significantly less than this.

I wish they were cheaper too, and I think they're overpriced (not Weezer in particular, concert tickets in general), but I'm part of the problem as I continue to buy. And making them cheaper doesn't benefit anyone, because then the band gets less money and the scalpers get more.
Seven, I agree with you.
I love Weezer. I just don't have the luxury of not being a grown up with bills to pay and resources to use conservatively right now.

I bust my ass to stay financially solvent in this economy and don't have the luxury of dropping a couple of hun on a Weezer show, regardless of the reasons for tix prices.

I hope the shows are full and/or sold out and chock full of adoring fans brimming with manners they don't use on the internet. I wish Weezer all the success in the world with this tour.

The life of not being a rock star forces one to choose and prioritize fun. Wish I could do every damn fool thing I want to do, but I cannot. I'm an adult with responsibilities.
Also, you can save money by not checking your coat, and by not buying overpriced venue concessions. I don't know if the NY tickets are more but the Chicago tickets were $56 and change each after fees, if you have them mailed or held for will call (etix extra, so retarded). If I was taking someone with me, with parking (~$20 IF I can't park on the street) it would be $133, which is a far cry from $200. I attend a lot of concerts and one of the ways I do that is by not buying any $8 beers or $4 nachos, unless I'm going someplace nice to eat before or after the show (such as Goose Island Wrigleyville when I'm at the Metro or Vic).
Sorry, but in my case I'd have to drive 3 hours minimum to make a show in ATL. That's 6 hours round trip for those of you keeping up at home. Bit of an expense, that, even if I eat roadkill and water down my gasoline.

On the flip side, I live in a very big art town that has a metric tonne of great music coming through for between 5 and 20 bucks at the door. I have a press pass and generally get in free or cheepcheep. I'm not starved for art. I'm just not keen on driving AWAY from my home where great art and music happen in small venues to see a band in a massive venue and spend a lot of money doing it.

Finite resources. Choices. 200 or so bucks versus 15 at the door of the local venues if I don't flash my press pass.
Welcome to 2010! Everything costs more. My advice, skip the booze and don't wear a coat! If you have other priorities, so be it. It's called life. I quote the great Mick Jagger, "You can't always get what you want."
54 in Chicago.
At least they are touring close to you. I would pay $300 to see them play live...
What do you mean making them cheaper doesn't benefit anyone? It benefits the fans. And there are ways bands can prevent scalpers from scooping up the good seats, such as will call only tickets that require an ID or credit card verfication.

Christopher Hickman said:
That's my point - they're NOT charging what the biggest bands in the world charge, they're charging less. But I challenge you to find a popular major label act charging significantly less than this.

I wish they were cheaper too, and I think they're overpriced (not Weezer in particular, concert tickets in general), but I'm part of the problem as I continue to buy. And making them cheaper doesn't benefit anyone, because then the band gets less money and the scalpers get more.


placemats said:
What do you mean making them cheaper doesn't benefit anyone? It benefits the fans. And there are ways bands can prevent scalpers from scooping up the good seats, such as will call only tickets that require an ID or credit card verfication.

Christopher Hickman said:
That's my point - they're NOT charging what the biggest bands in the world charge, they're charging less. But I challenge you to find a popular major label act charging significantly less than this.

I wish they were cheaper too, and I think they're overpriced (not Weezer in particular, concert tickets in general), but I'm part of the problem as I continue to buy. And making them cheaper doesn't benefit anyone, because then the band gets less money and the scalpers get more.

Go try to get tickets to the Aragon right now from Ticketmaster, and then try from Stub Hub, and see what you think. Do you think this would be BETTER if the tickets were LESS?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video