I was thrilled to hear about the memories tour.  Ridiculously excited,  actually.  I get to hear my two favourite Weezer albums performed in their entirety?  All the times I've been at Weezer concerts going, "Please please play this.."  Now I'm guaranteed to go to a concert where I KNOW these songs I've always prayed to hear live... will be played.  For 75 dollars per ticket.

Seriously?  I'm not trying to whine here...  but that's a little steep,  even for New York.  My husband and I grew up listening to Weezer, as did our friends.  Unfortunately as we grew up,  we acquired things called bills, and "family emergencies".  Some of us had children,  got real jobs...  And can't possibly afford 75 dollars a ticket to go see one of their all time favourite bands play right now.  Add on one drink and coat check,  and we're looking at a 200 dollar night.  

I <3 me some Weezer,  believe me.  <3 them long time.  But 75 dollars is a lot,  and my car's due for an inspection soon... I hope all that are able to afford it,  enjoy it.  You're very lucky.

Tags: Concert, New, York, memories, prices, tickets, tour

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 things:

1) do you ever have a response less than 20 senteces long?

2) are you one of the scalpers? because you sure sound like one of them

Dannyc said:
Great - another complaint thread. Scalping will never stop. Its now LEGAL to scalp tickets in every state (as long as its not on venue grounds). Weezer IGNORED the options to give fans the opp. to buy and pretty much catered to scalpers by not limited the amex presale (scalper presale). Check out the scalping website forums. This was one of the easiest shows of the year to make a profit. 75 is not a lot of money for a ticket this year, especially for a "rare premium" show like this. If the tickets were cheaper, the scalpers would have just made THAT MUCH MORE MONEY. These shows will be packed with people who think the show is worth 150 a night, which is who these shows were made for. The people not "supporting" the scalpers arent doing one thing to put an end to scalping. All its doing is making you more of a pissed off and unhappy person and missing out on a great life experience. Its sad that this has become the only of way going to a show of a band (who is looking to make the most amount of money they can get because they are getting old and toward the end of their career and need to support themselves and their family), but by you "boycotting" the show is only hurting yourself and not helping the "lower ticket prices and end scalping" cause. Weezer cant afford to do things the cheap way like a younger band can.
I dont scalp, but know plenty of people who do and they pay their tuition with it. Making 400 a week just by clicking a button isnt bad as long as you have no morals.

2 sentences

SPAZMATIK1 said:
2 things:

Dannyc said:
Great - another complaint thread. Scalping will never stop. Its now LEGAL to scalp tickets in every state (as long as its not on venue grounds). Weezer IGNORED the options to give fans the opp. to buy and pretty much catered to scalpers by not limited the amex presale (scalper presale). Check out the scalping website forums. This was one of the easiest shows of the year to make a profit. 75 is not a lot of money for a ticket this year, especially for a "rare premium" show like this. If the tickets were cheaper, the scalpers would have just made THAT MUCH MORE MONEY. These shows will be packed with people who think the show is worth 150 a night, which is who these shows were made for. The people not "supporting" the scalpers arent doing one thing to put an end to scalping. All its doing is making you more of a pissed off and unhappy person and missing out on a great life experience. Its sad that this has become the only of way going to a show of a band (who is looking to make the most amount of money they can get because they are getting old and toward the end of their career and need to support themselves and their family), but by you "boycotting" the show is only hurting yourself and not helping the "lower ticket prices and end scalping" cause. Weezer cant afford to do things the cheap way like a younger band can.
congratulations! it's about damn time

as far as missing out on a great life experience, how about I take that $150 and treat my friends to a nice f'n dinner...I'd rather do that

Dannyc said:
I dont scalp, but know plenty of people who do and they pay their tuition with it. Making 400 a week just by clicking a button isnt bad as long as you have no morals.

2 sentences

SPAZMATIK1 said:
2 things:

Dannyc said:
I dont think there is any need to be an ass. We have different opinions thats all. I look at this message board at most once a week. Sorry I dont clutter threads with multiple 2 sentence responses. In my opinion, I can take my friends out anytime. The pinkerton show is only happening 1 night. I think maybe we have a difference of opinion because of our difference of living costs. Around here, 150 will buy you a nice dinner for 2 and thats it. If its less than that for you, Im jealous, and I can also see why you would think 150 is too much for a ticket for a once in a lifetime event.

SPAZMATIK1 said:

as far as missing out on a great life experience, how about I take that $150 and treat my friends to a nice f'n dinner...I'd rather do that

Dannyc said:

2 sentences

SPAZMATIK1 said:
2 things:

Dannyc said:
I'm not saying he is a scalper, its just I don't know another way to finish this sentence...

SPAZMATIK1 said:
are you one of the scalpers? because you sure sound like one of them

Dannyc said:

Dannyc said:
I dont think there is any need to be an ass. We have different opinions thats all. I look at this message board at most once a week. Sorry I dont clutter threads with multiple 2 sentence responses. In my opinion, I can take my friends out anytime. The pinkerton show is only happening 1 night. I think maybe we have a difference of opinion because of our difference of living costs. Around here, 150 will buy you a nice dinner for 2 and thats it. If its less than that for you, Im jealous, and I can also see why you would think 150 is too much for a ticket for a once in a lifetime event.

SPAZMATIK1 said:

Dannyc said:

2 sentences

SPAZMATIK1 said:
2 things:

Dannyc said:

I have to agree with Dan . . . and get myself an Amex card. I'm sure I'll end up heading over to Roseland on the 17th with $125 in cash and make a deal with someone looking to unload a single ticket the day of the show.

Missing out on a "Life Experience" is exactly my issue. My wife scored a ticket to the Eminem-Jay-Z show at Yankee Stadium, and recognizes that she'd still be kicking herself if she hadn't gone - and she's not as big a fan of either of them as I am of Weezer.

As for SPAZMATIK1's suggestion of spending the money on a nice dinner, in 2 years I dare you to tell me what you had for dinner that night. But I'm sure you'll be able to tell me two years from now almost every detail from the show . . .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video