I was thrilled to hear about the memories tour.  Ridiculously excited,  actually.  I get to hear my two favourite Weezer albums performed in their entirety?  All the times I've been at Weezer concerts going, "Please please play this.."  Now I'm guaranteed to go to a concert where I KNOW these songs I've always prayed to hear live... will be played.  For 75 dollars per ticket.

Seriously?  I'm not trying to whine here...  but that's a little steep,  even for New York.  My husband and I grew up listening to Weezer, as did our friends.  Unfortunately as we grew up,  we acquired things called bills, and "family emergencies".  Some of us had children,  got real jobs...  And can't possibly afford 75 dollars a ticket to go see one of their all time favourite bands play right now.  Add on one drink and coat check,  and we're looking at a 200 dollar night.  

I <3 me some Weezer,  believe me.  <3 them long time.  But 75 dollars is a lot,  and my car's due for an inspection soon... I hope all that are able to afford it,  enjoy it.  You're very lucky.

Tags: Concert, New, York, memories, prices, tickets, tour

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

people are just bitter that they didn't get fairly-priced tickets in time, and that they have to resort to stubhub or gold coast tickets in chicago for friday night passes. sucks to be you guys.
I don't believe there has ever been a concert at Roseland (standing only) at as high a price as $75/ticket. I will be staying home and, if I wish to, listen to the albums. I knew this would happen when Ticket"ripoff"master and LiveGreedyNation merged.

Bullet For My Valentine just played @ Roseland for $26/ticket
Rammstein is playing a big production show at MSG for $85/ticket top price
AC/DC's summer tour, which cost them a huge amount in production costs, was $90/ticket top price.

JUST SAY NO TO THIS $75/ticket B*******! It's not as if this will be a huge production which will cost the band for pyro/big stage stuff. THIS IS GREED, PURE AND SIMPLE!
the REVOLUTION begins now!!

Richard Nechamkin said:
I don't believe there has ever been a concert at Roseland (standing only) at as high a price as $75/ticket. I will be staying home and, if I wish to, listen to the albums. I knew this would happen when Ticket"ripoff"master and LiveGreedyNation merged.

Bullet For My Valentine just played @ Roseland for $26/ticket
Rammstein is playing a big production show at MSG for $85/ticket top price
AC/DC's summer tour, which cost them a huge amount in production costs, was $90/ticket top price.

JUST SAY NO TO THIS $75/ticket B*******! It's not as if this will be a huge production which will cost the band for pyro/big stage stuff. THIS IS GREED, PURE AND SIMPLE!
It's an Italian word. It means "jackass". :)

j-biebs said:
last i checked, you have to go outdoors to get there.

and i'm unfamiliar with the term "chooch."

Rob Caruso said:
It's an indoor show right J-biebs? You're such a chooch!

j-biebs said:
yeah, don't wear a coat...in new york...in december.

Rob Caruso said:
Welcome to 2010! Everything costs more. My advice, skip the booze and don't wear a coat! If you have other priorities, so be it. It's called life. I quote the great Mick Jagger, "You can't always get what you want."
Truth is Weezer took advantage of the NY market. They knew they could sell them at $75 and get away with it. And they did. No other city had prices that high. Some even had the promised "cheaper" tickets that included all kinds of great seats!! So why didn't they include any in NY or Chicago? Because they didn't have to. They knew they would sell at that price. And what does that tell you? That Weezer didn't think about their fans. Didn't care. Not when they saw the opportunity to make more money. All of you guys talking about the record label and illegally downloaded music etc etc all that doesn't matter. Weezer could've added 2 more nights killing the demand from scalpers and lowering the prices. Fans would still buy, scalpers wouldn't. There are better ways to beat scalpers and bands don't do it because they don't want to. Bon Jovi tickets are expensive, but I got to see him for cheaper after he added shows and drove off the demand for tickets by scalpers. You guys just have to face the fact that weezer is seeing $$ in front of their faces instead of fans.
Rivers does not sit down with Karl and decide what tickets are going cost. Prices are set by outside forces, like management of the band and largely ticketmaster.

I agree, ticket prices are out of control, and not just for concerts. ticket prices to go to a ball game are unreal. sadly, people with these crazy prices. the vocal minority loses because there is a silent majority that will bend over and take it up the... you know ;)

in any event, weezer the band has little in the matter. you need to focus your anger else where.

Dungeon Master said:
Rivers does not sit down with Karl and decide what tickets are going cost. Prices are set by outside forces, like management of the band and largely ticketmaster.

I agree, ticket prices are out of control, and not just for concerts. ticket prices to go to a ball game are unreal. sadly, people with these crazy prices. the vocal minority loses because there is a silent majority that will bend over and take it up the... you know ;)

in any event, weezer the band has little in the matter. you need to focus your anger else where.

Idk bout that. Im sure the band has some say in it. I posted before about an article i read that said taylor swift refused the american express presale because it would prevent many of her fans getting tickets even though she would make a lot more money by having that contract with Amex. Were you able to get any tickets after the weezer american express presale? Neither was i or anyone else here. Its hard to accept it when a band is geared more toward the money-making part of their job instead of their fans
I couldn't get tix cause weezer is not coming to japan.

I don't know all the ins and outs, but I'm almost sure the band doesn't make too many of the choices.

Ralf said:

Dungeon Master said:

Idk bout that. Im sure the band has some say in it. I posted before about an article i read that said taylor swift refused the american express presale because it would prevent many of her fans getting tickets even though she would make a lot more money by having that contract with Amex. Were you able to get any tickets after the weezer american express presale? Neither was i or anyone else here. Its hard to accept it when a band is geared more toward the money-making part of their job instead of their fans
At this point I'd gladly pay $75 to see either show in NYC. In fact, I would have paid $75 from the beginning, but wasn't able to get tickets through Ticketmaster in time. Now StubHub has tickets to both shows for $130+. I'm a 30 year old fan and Pinkerton played a HUGE role in my high school years, so I have both the means and desire to pay $75 per ticket.

I was hoping that the higher ticket price would dissuade some of the more recent fans from attending. Now it seems that the ticket resellers may price everyone out of the market.
looks like everyone should have gotten vip tickets instead. woulda been about the same

jamesmadrox said:
looks like everyone should have gotten vip tickets instead. woulda been about the same

$295 per VIP ticket isn't quite the same as $150 from scalpers, and the VIP package didn't seem like that much of a draw for me. The meet and greet would have been awkward. "Hey guys - so cool to meet you. Thanks for putting an album together that still makes me cry like an angst-ridden teen when I listen to it."
Great - another complaint thread. Scalping will never stop. Its now LEGAL to scalp tickets in every state (as long as its not on venue grounds). Weezer IGNORED the options to give fans the opp. to buy and pretty much catered to scalpers by not limited the amex presale (scalper presale). Check out the scalping website forums. This was one of the easiest shows of the year to make a profit. 75 is not a lot of money for a ticket this year, especially for a "rare premium" show like this. If the tickets were cheaper, the scalpers would have just made THAT MUCH MORE MONEY. These shows will be packed with people who think the show is worth 150 a night, which is who these shows were made for. The people not "supporting" the scalpers arent doing one thing to put an end to scalping. All its doing is making you more of a pissed off and unhappy person and missing out on a great life experience. Its sad that this has become the only of way going to a show of a band (who is looking to make the most amount of money they can get because they are getting old and toward the end of their career and need to support themselves and their family), but by you "boycotting" the show is only hurting yourself and not helping the "lower ticket prices and end scalping" cause. Weezer cant afford to do things the cheap way like a younger band can.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video