We all know its possible...and we all know that we are hoping for one. Who thinks that from Weezer's Memories Tour and all of the fan criticism that Weezer will turn it around? Maybe a hint from the "State Farm" song (sounds more like classic Weezer)? Maybe they have realized that its time to pull an American Idiot (Green Day's comeback). Don't get me wrong, I like every album, but I am ready for Weezer to blow away my mind again.  Rephrase: I love every album, but I'm ready for a new one that all fans, old and new, can love together.

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although, American idiot was green day's comeback, it wasn't much better than the one's before. 
Agreed. But, 21st Century Breakdown is easily  their most complex and creative album ever.

The dreWid said:
Although, American idiot was green day's comeback, it wasn't much better than the one's before. 
No. 

Paperface said:
Agreed. But, 21st Century Breakdown is easily  their most complex and creative album ever.

The dreWid said:
Although, American idiot was green day's comeback, it wasn't much better than the one's before. 
fingers crossed

I don't think that a comeback in the commercial success sense is really all that big of a deal. Nowadays, it's mainly the promotion of songs that makes them commercially successful. I think American Idiot only was really popular because people wanted an outlet to rag on W. In any case, I have been more than satisfied with most of the recent Weezer stuff. I can relate to a lot of the songs, but since they are constantly changing things up I understand how people have a short fuse/want more "classic" sounding things than what are normally available.

 

I guess I'm just not that picky? I am, however, anxiously awaiting new material. I really love hearing anything new they do because it's another chance to blow me away (whether or not anyone else loves it).

Yeah it already happened, it was called the Red Album (Deluxe Version).

 

To me that's seriously the 3rd best album they've made and a true return to form for them.  This stayed in my rotation for 2 months straight.

If youre talking about a "comeback" commercially then they just need to promote their stuff more, Im sure if "cant stop partying" was a single and was promoted well then it could have been a hit in the charts. If youre talking about a "comeback" with older fans then its unlikely they will produce another pinkerton or blue for you
Good joke, bro.

Paperface said:
Agreed. But, 21st Century Breakdown is easily  their most complex and creative album ever.

The dreWid said:
Although, American idiot was green day's comeback, it wasn't much better than the one's before. 

1. Indeed

2. No, I liked it too.

3. Agreed (except, I liked Raditude).

CrackerJack said:

1) The new greenday album sucks balls

 

2) Am i the only who thought that hurley was f****** awesome?

 

3) I dont need a comeback.  They gave us 2 of the best albums of all time, 5+ good-great rock albums, and....well, one shitty album.  What more can you want?

true true

Jordan said:

1. Indeed

2. No, I liked it too.

3. Agreed (except, I liked Raditude).

CrackerJack said:

1) The new greenday album sucks balls

 

2) Am i the only who thought that hurley was f****** awesome?

 

3) I dont need a comeback.  They gave us 2 of the best albums of all time, 5+ good-great rock albums, and....well, one shitty album.  What more can you want?

Yes I did love the Red album and think its extremely underrated.


Clayton Collins said:

Yeah it already happened, it was called the Red Album (Deluxe Version).

 

To me that's seriously the 3rd best album they've made and a true return to form for them.  This stayed in my rotation for 2 months straight.

Anyone who says that 21st Century Breakdown wasn't a complex work of art either hasn't heard the full album or is just saying that because they don't know what art is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video