I happened to be talking about Chick-Fil-A to Trevor just yesterday, but someone just coincidentally sent this to me.

http://gawker.com/5902843/chicken-or-the-gays-make-a-choice-about-e...

http://observer.com/2012/07/chik-fil-jim-henson-toys-recall-07242012/

If I still ate chicken or if Chick-Fil-A was even in Australia, I would boycott it.  But I can't, so you should instead.  I knew that they were a Christian organization, but had no idea they went this far.  Yes, prejudice tastes really good in this case...but you can make a chicken sandwich just like this at home.  Two pieces of bread, chicken breast, pickle...done!  As for the waffle fries...I'm not sure how they do that, sorry.

Tags: gay-chicken

Views: 1163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you should....it truly is delicious.  get the #1

Amazing Harry [Jupiter 80] said:

All this talk about CFA is making me hungry.  I'm going to go there and try them out soon.

Luigi-sp26 said:

no i dont.....but i DO know where chick-fil-a's money goes, so I can start there.  And supporting "christian causes" could be anything from anti-gay to feeding starving children in India.  I see what you are trying to get at...but the fact is this: Chick-Fil-A publicly supports anti-gay causes, ergo I do not support Chick-Fil-A.  If I find out the people who farm my avocados use slaves to grow them, I won't buy those avocados anymore....but I dont have time to research every product that I buy.  When it comes into the light that my avocados are slave grown...that is when I will stop buying them.

I left my point about In N Out open ended for one specific reason.  Do you know exactly where In N Out's money goes?  As far as what I've been looking at, there isn't much out there to trace exactly who they support.  There might be one very big reason why.  I have read that they support "Christian Causes."  As we have learned through our discussion, that can be something that works against you.  

Luigi-sp26 said:

yes, as i stated earlier...chick fil a can do whatever they want with their money.  that is totally fine.  but the point is that i just dont want to give them MY money.

the thing with In N Out is completely different.  they are not using the money that we give them to fund anti-athesit organizations.  they are just putting John 3:16 on their cups...which is actually a really good verse to read, whether you are christian or not.  if chick fil a had bible verses of "the biblical definition of the family unit" or something like that...i wouldnt agree with it, but they would just be voicing their opinion....not funding their opinion.  and it COULD be suggested that In-N-Out are anti-gay...but that would complete speculation whereas chick fil a is public about their decisions to fund anti-gay organizations.  big difference there.

One of the big difference here is that Chick Fil A is not a public company.  Since it has no stock holders, they are not obligated to do their day to day operations that fit with the status quo.  If it was a public company, then they would have little to no choice but to stop supporting such organizations, because of the shareholders who may disassociate themselves.  Personally, I would like to know if CFA ever discriminated against gay employees, but that apparently is not the case as that is clearly against the law for any company to do so, private or public.

The other thing I pointed out here is In N Out.  They put biblical stuff on their paper containers.  One could argue that they are promoting religion and that it discriminates against atheists.  It could also be suggested that maybe they are anti-gay marriage supporters too.  Even though these arguments can be presented, they are still a private company and they have the right to do that.

None of us are obligated to buy CFA's food.  Thankfully we got a lot of different choices.  I just want to point out that no matter what choice you go with, there might be something bad about the company that you wished your money never went to in the first place.

Yes, Blake, I think kicking/stomping/throwing chickens does make it much worse.  As a consumer who is a part of the omnivore dilemma, I'd rather direct my money toward companies that are at least taking steps to improve animal welfare conditions, even if others consider those improvements to be minimalistic.  Some progress is better than none at all, especially when it leads to increased positive change.

Ideally, I would like to fully support genuine free range farmers who have good ethical practices and are committed to raising their animals in the most humane way possible.  Unfortunately, I can't afford to do this 100% of the time.  I'm sure the words ethical and humane may seem contradictory, but quality of life does matter, even if it is a short one.  If consumers didn't give a crap about these things, industry standards would never change and animal welfare would never improve.

Luigi-sp26 said:

yes, KFC got a lot of heat for their practices a few years back.  but in reality, it is the suppliers to KFC that are doing the dirty work...and yes KFC is responsible b/c they choose to buy from these farms.  Buuut, in reality if you are eating chicken...you are supporting the cruelty of chickens.  even if it is labeled "organic" or "free range" which is a big load of s*** 9/10 times...those chickens are treated like trash as well.  Most cases, a "free range" chicken can be labeled such if there is a little door to an opening outside cage which is about 3x3meters or something ridiculous like that.  All the chickens try to cram through the door, but only a select few can get out and then prob have to stay there.

and even if a chicken IS truly free range, it doesnt change the fact that a chicken could live around 10 years under normal conditions and a chicken for meat - 2 months.  they are then hung upside down and shocked, run through scalding hot water and "murdered" as some may say.  now when you see that some places are kicking/stomping/throwing chickens....does this really make it ALL that much worse?  it certainly doesnt make it better....but if you ask me, cruelty is cruelty. 

Im not saying that eating chicken makes you a bad person, but the point is eating chicken supports the cruelty of chicken, whether you eat KFC or Free Range Organic chicken....all of those chickens live a short miserable life. 

placemats said:

Avery Doll said:

I can choose to spend my money at KFC, the gayest cruelest chicken place in the world. 

my point is......is kicking/stomping cruel and being covered in scalding hot water/having their beaks cut off/being shocked/having throats slit all while still alive NOT cruel?  I agree that pointless abuse of the animals like that found at KFC providers and so many other places does make it worse....but raising a chicken for a fraction of it's natural life and then mercilessly killing it in very very painful ways is already cruel enough if you ask me.  if you are worried about animal cruelty...go vegan!  it isn't as difficult as you may think (except for the cheese....i can't fully escape the goddamned cheese!) 

also, i was under the preconceived idea that being a vegan would cost me more....but it really has not.  there are a few things like soy milk which are a bit more expensive...but when you add it all up, i think im definitely saving money.

edit:  also what you said about choosing where your chicken comes from leads to "increased positive change" i couldn't agree with more.  if it were not for meat-eaters wanting a chicken that is free range/organic/or simply not kicked...there would be NO change in the system at all.  vegetarians/vegans don't have that power over the system...because they dont pay these companies for their chicken, therefore the companies couldn't care less what we think.

placemats said:

Yes, Blake, I think kicking/stomping/throwing chickens does make it much worse.  As a consumer who is a part of the omnivore dilemma, I'd rather direct my money toward companies that are at least taking steps to improve animal welfare conditions, even if others consider those improvements to be minimalistic.  Some progress is better than none at all, especially when it leads to increased positive change.

Ideally, I would like to fully support genuine free range farmers who have good ethical practices and are committed to raising their animals in the most humane way possible.  Unfortunately, I can't afford to do this 100% of the time.  I'm sure the words ethical and humane may seem contradictory, but quality of life does matter, even if it is a short one.  If consumers didn't give a crap about these things, industry standards would never change and animal welfare would never improve.

Luigi-sp26 said:

yes, KFC got a lot of heat for their practices a few years back.  but in reality, it is the suppliers to KFC that are doing the dirty work...and yes KFC is responsible b/c they choose to buy from these farms.  Buuut, in reality if you are eating chicken...you are supporting the cruelty of chickens.  even if it is labeled "organic" or "free range" which is a big load of s*** 9/10 times...those chickens are treated like trash as well.  Most cases, a "free range" chicken can be labeled such if there is a little door to an opening outside cage which is about 3x3meters or something ridiculous like that.  All the chickens try to cram through the door, but only a select few can get out and then prob have to stay there.

and even if a chicken IS truly free range, it doesnt change the fact that a chicken could live around 10 years under normal conditions and a chicken for meat - 2 months.  they are then hung upside down and shocked, run through scalding hot water and "murdered" as some may say.  now when you see that some places are kicking/stomping/throwing chickens....does this really make it ALL that much worse?  it certainly doesnt make it better....but if you ask me, cruelty is cruelty. 

Im not saying that eating chicken makes you a bad person, but the point is eating chicken supports the cruelty of chicken, whether you eat KFC or Free Range Organic chicken....all of those chickens live a short miserable life. 

placemats said:

Avery Doll said:

I can choose to spend my money at KFC, the gayest cruelest chicken place in the world. 

if pigs would eat you, then there is no problem eating meat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6195860.stm

Trampoline said:

I completely agree, as a fellow vegetarian, if people actually were exposed to true animal cruelty like i have been you would agree too. The way that animals are slaughtered is absoloutly brutal and i refuse to support the meat industry because of that conduct. It is inhumane.

Luigi-sp26 said:

my point is......is kicking/stomping cruel and being covered in scalding hot water/having their beaks cut off/being shocked/having throats slit all while still alive NOT cruel?  I agree that pointless abuse of the animals like that found at KFC providers and so many other places does make it worse....but raising a chicken for a fraction of it's natural life and then mercilessly killing it in very very painful ways is already cruel enough if you ask me.  if you are worried about animal cruelty...go vegan!  it isn't as difficult as you may think (except for the cheese....i can't fully escape the goddamned cheese!) 

also, i was under the preconceived idea that being a vegan would cost me more....but it really has not.  there are a few things like soy milk which are a bit more expensive...but when you add it all up, i think im definitely saving money.

edit:  also what you said about choosing where your chicken comes from leads to "increased positive change" i couldn't agree with more.  if it were not for meat-eaters wanting a chicken that is free range/organic/or simply not kicked...there would be NO change in the system at all.  vegetarians/vegans don't have that power over the system...because they dont pay these companies for their chicken, therefore the companies couldn't care less what we think.

placemats said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

placemats said:

Avery Doll said:

Ya.  I got your point the first time around.  I was just trying to avoid it.   But you're right, it is cruel.  And even if I buy from a free-range organic farmer who uses CAK methods, at the end of the day, I know I am still a chicken killer.

Luigi-sp26 said:

placemats said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

placemats said:

Avery Doll said:

hey, things could be worse....

placemats said:

I know I am still a chicken killer.

Exactly. It's God's job to judge us, not eachothers.

Luigi-sp26 said:

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.

-Luke 6:37

jKlein said:

Hypocrite Christians drive me crazy. They give other Christians a bad name. :(

then don't worry about those silly hypocrite Christians and their silly ways.

jKlein said:

Exactly. It's God's job to judge us, not eachothers.

Luigi-sp26 said:

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.

-Luke 6:37

jKlein said:

Hypocrite Christians drive me crazy. They give other Christians a bad name. :(

lulz

Luigi-sp26 said:

hey, things could be worse....

placemats said:

I know I am still a chicken killer.

the only news we are getting is the foooooking olympics...

but i don't buy apple products 

chicken is such a boring meat

that's why everything "tastes like chicken"

hintofcoolness said:

chicken is such a boring meat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music