I consider this thread to be my Picasso...

Table of Contents:

1. Justin Timberlake
  2. Ne-Yo
  3. Jack Black
  4. Don Henley
  5. Dane Cook
  6. The Offspring
  7. Yellowcard
  8. Sugar Ray
  9. Tom [MySpace]
  10. The Deftones
  11. The Madden Twins
  12. Jason Schwartzman
  13. William McCool
  14. Foo Fighters
  15. Matt Leinart
  16. Ben Lee
  17. Liam Gallagher
  18. Teddy Geiger
  19. Skye Sweetnam
  20. Lacey Lee [Lillix]
  21. Avenged Sevenfold
  22. Daniel Radcliffe
  23. Lifehouse
  24. Phantom Planet
  25. Nick Hexum
  26. Bob Saget
  27. Michael Cera
  28. Joe Garvey [Hinder]
  29. Samantha Bee
  30. Kelly Clarkson
  31. Wolfgang Van Halen
  32. The Jonas Brothers
  33. Ben Folds
  34. Bret Easton Ellis
  35. Holly Madison
  36. Paul Feig
  37. Edgar Wright
  38. Zachary Levi
  39. Vanessa Hudgens
  40. Sara Canning
  41. Doug Benson
  42. Nick Swardson
  43. Nate Ruess (FUN)
  44. MUSE

Justin Timberlake (Musician)
timberlake.jpg
From The Observer:
"Then I saw Rick at [the music festival] Coachella, where I wanted to see Weezer and Coldplay and Nine Inch Nails. I walked up to him and said, "I'm Justin", pretty much like that. "Will you work with me?" And he said, "Sure!"'

- - -
Ne-Yo (Musician)
neyo.jpg
From Sound Generator:
"I'm listening to C0ldplay's new one right now, Weezer, Jack Johnson."

- - -
Jack Black (Musician/Actor)
jackblack.jpg
From Jack Black's iTunes Playlist:
jackblack_playlist.jpg

- - -
Don Henley (Musician)
donhenley.jpg

From JS Online:
"Then Don Henley tells me that of all the American bands, the only ones that could write good songs were Weezer and Cheap Trick."

- - -
Dane Cook (Comedian)
danecook.jpg
From Dane Cook's iTunes Playlist:
danecook_playlist.jpg

- - -
The Offspring (Musicians)
offspring.jpg
From The Offspring's iTunes Playlist:
offspring_playlist.jpg

- - -
Yellowcard (Musicians)
yellowcard.jpg
From Answers.com:
"Ryan's tattoo on his wrist reads "The world has turned and left me here", a song by Weezer."

- - -
Sugar Ray (Musicians)
sugar.jpg
From Wikipedia:
"The Sugar Ray song "Rivers" is a tribute to Cuomo."

- - -
Tom (Myspace Founder/CEO)
tom.jpg
Tom left the following comment on River's myspace:
"when i was in a band i'd often say "try to make it sound like weezer" (much to the dismay of my fellow bandmates). i saw you on stage with a cardboard wookie at least 8 years ago, and get a lot of pleasure out of singing your songs to myself, especially 'Holiday'! i will bust into 'Holiday' at least once a month while driving. your music has made the world a better place for me--thanks!"

- - -
The Deftones (Musicians)
deftones.jpg
Often cover Say It Ain't So in concert.

- - -
The Madden Twins (Musicians)
maddens.jpg
Have listed Weezer as influences at various sources. A video bootleg of them covering El Scorcho can be viewed here.

- - -
Jason Schwartzman (Actor)
jason.jpg
From Gothamist:
The soundtrack to the movie of your life would consist primarily of:
The Ramones, Beatles, Beach Boys, some classical music, some Raymond Scott, Elvis Costello, Weezer, some Built to Spill, Guided By Voices, Superdrag, and the first OMD record.

From Jason Schwartzman's iTunes Playlist:
jason_schwartzman2.jpg

- - -
William McCool (September 23, 1961 – February 1, 2003) (Astronaut)
william.jpg
From The National Post:
Members of the alternative rock band Weezer are mourning the loss of a friend and fan after the weekend crash of the space shuttle Columbia. Commander William McCool, one of Columbia's seven astronauts, was an avid fan of the band and had brought their self-titled debut album with him into space.
For a picture of the blue album floating in the space shuttle, click here.
For a picture of a personalized =w= autographed photo of William,click here.

- - -
Foo Fighters (Musicians)
foofighters.jpg
Matt Sharp explains how Weezer and the Foo Fighters were introduced to each other(source):
"We're listening to Foo Fighters 'For All The Cows' on the tour bus - This is Dave Grohl's new band, which is going to be so undeniable that people who don't like the record should be punished. It's super rock and really over the top, but completely melodic and will definitely take over the planet. Is he a Weezer fan? Yeah, that's how we met. He just came up and said he liked our band and gave us a tape of his new stuff."

- - -
Matt Leinart (Professional Athlete)
leinart.jpg
From AZCENTRAL:
"I've really been into Weezer right now for some reason," he says.

- - -
Ben Lee (Musician)
benlee.jpg
Ben has covered Undone and lists Weezer as one of his influences.

- - -
Liam Gallagher (Musician)
liam.jpg
From Chartattack:
"Yeah, we met [Weezer]," says Gallagher. "I like 'em. They're one of those bands you see on TV and go, 'I just like 'em.' I think they're pretty alright."

- - -
Teddy Geiger (Musician)
teddy.jpg
From TimesDispatch:
Mayer aside, Geiger, who plays piano, guitar, bass and drums, says Weezer and Ben Folds are his main sources for inspiration.

- - -
Skye Sweetnam (Musician)
skye.jpg
From IMDB:
Grew up listening to Enya, the Cranberries, Genesis, Weezer and many songs from musicals such as Cats and Les Misérables. Loves everything from Coldplay to Outkast, horror film scores to The Distillers, Led Zeppelin to No Doubt, and Pantera to Mozart.
In addition, in Skye's song "Number One", one of the lyrics read "I wanna follow the rivers to an island in the sun". This song can be downloaded here

- - -
Lacey Lee of Lillix (Musician)
lillix.jpg
From Lillix.net:
- My favorite band/artist (s):
Weezer, Ozma, Ween, The Faint, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Queen, Supertramp, Thin Lizzy, Jethro Tull, Elvis Costello, Outkast, Nada Surf, The Cure, Elton John, Daft Punk, The Pixies, Nirvana, Brian Wilson, Blur, Radiohead, Silverchair, ELO, Neil Young, Tenacious D, Led Zeppelin, Ted Nugent, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, B.R.M.C, The Killers, Modest Mouse, INXS, Steve Miller Band, Gil (haha-weez), Lauryn Hill....... + many more!
In addition, Lacey used to post on the .com boards a few years ago!

- - -
Avenged Sevenfold (Musicians)
avenged.jpg
From Avenged Sevenfold's iTunes Playlist:
avenged2.jpg

- - -
Daniel Radcliffe (Actor)
dan.jpg
From Daniel Radcliffe's iTunes Playlist:
dan2.jpg

- - -
Lifehouse (Musicans)
lifehouse.jpg
From Lifehouse's iTunes Playlist:
lifehouse2.jpg

- - -
Phantom Planet (Musicans)
phantom.jpg
From Phantom Planet's iTunes Playlist:
phantom2.jpg
Additionally, Phantom Planet have covered Weezer in concert.

- - -
Nick Hexum (Musican)
nick.jpg
From Nick Hexum's iTunes Playlist:
nick2.jpg

- - -
Bob Saget (Comedian/Actor)
bob_saget.jpg
From Bob Saget's iTunes Playlist:
bob_saget2.jpg

- - -
Michael Cera (Actor)
mcera.jpg
From Michael Cera's iTunes Playlist:
mcera2.jpg

From usaweekend.com:

Quote:

His native Canada still feels more like home than L.A., he says. But he's coming into his own, professionally and personally, in America. He has his favorite movie-theater haunts around Hollywood, and he has struck up friendships with Garry Shandling and Rivers Cuomo, frontman for rock band Weezer.

Michael Cera and Edgar Wright play a Weezer Song with Danny Bonaduce

- - -
Joe Garvey of Hinder (Musician)
joe_garvey.jpg
From Joe Garvey's iTunes Playlist:
joe_garvey2.jpg

- - -
Samantha Bee from The Daily Show (Actor/Comedian)
samantha_bee.jpg
From Samantha Bee's iTunes Playlist:
samantha_bee2.jpg

- - -
Kelly Clarkson (Musician)
kelly_clarkson.jpg
From The New York Times:

"I've been a huge fan since junior high. It's like comic relief with their songs, like "Pork and Beans." Their songs make me want to be a boxer for some reason. "Weezer" (Interscope) has some really intense songs. Rivers Cuomo is really smart, and he's a great lyricist. Even if he's being simple, you have to really pay attention. I can't listen to one of their albums and not revert back to being a kid, like listening to my Walkman when I'm supposed to be paying attention in class. Weezer made me want to be a musician."

From cbc.ca:

"Honestly, I've been a Weezer fan since junior high," she confesses. "Weezer and Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill were that moment I realized, 'Oh my god, it's not just that you have to sing pretty!' That's when I realized you have this platform and this stage to get your message out. Weezer attack some serious situations, but they do it with sarcasm, or in a very sweet way, like with Hold Me, which is almost like a spiritual song. They made me feel normal for thinking irrational thoughts."

- - -
Wolfgang Van Halen (Musician)
wolfgang.jpg
From IGN:

From an article tited, "Why is Weezer in Guitar Hero Van Halen?", IGN caught up with the head of music licensing at Activision, Tim Riley, to find out how those bands came to be a part of Guitar Hero Van Halen. Turns out it was all Wolfgang's doing.

"At the end of the day, it became Wolfgang Van Halen, who is a serious Guitar Hero player -- probably the best Guitar Hero player that I've ever seen including people at Activision...They knew that, the Van Halen brothers and David Lee Roth, so they were like, 'Ask Wolfgang what bands he wants in.'"

- - -
The Jonas Brothers (Musicians)
jonas_brothers.jpg
From a6 member miatafreak:

[quote author=miatafreak link=topic=2656.msg289010#msg289010 date=1249948459]
One of them uses the same Gibson as Rivers, complete with Ace Frehley style guitar strap. I also got a call from one of my friends who was attending a JB concert: They were playing the Troublemaker riff to warm up. And, according to my little brother, and confirmed by youtube, the oldest one wore a Troublemaker Tour t-shirt in a recording session. Apparently they showed it on the Disney Channel.
[/quote]

screencaps from the recording session can be seen below:

http://www.weerez.com/atnw/joe_jonas2.jpg

- - -
Ben Folds (Musician)
benfolds.jpg

From TinyChat (Credit: laxguy888):

Quote:

"I love Weezer. What would a world without weezer be?"

- - -
Bret Easton Ellis (novelist and short story writer)
breteastonellis.jpg

Extract from his novel Glamorama:

Quote:

I'm lighting citrus-scented votive candles to help mellow the room out, ease the tension, plus it's so freezing in my apartment it's like an igloo. Black turtleneck, white jeans, Matsuda jacket, slippers, simple and cool. Music playing is low-volume Weezer. TV's on-no sound-with highlights from the shows today at Bryant Park, Chloe everywhere. Finally a click, a sigh, muffled voices in the background, Bill sighing again.

- - -
Holly Madison (Model/TV Personality)
holly.jpg

From Holly's Twitter:

bwse_tweet.png

bwse_holly.png

- - -
Paul Feig (Director, Actor, Author)

- - -
Edgar Wright (Director, Writer)

- - -
Zachary Levi (Actor)

- - -
Vanessa Hudgens (Actress, Singer)

Vanessa Hudgens attended the second annual Axe Music 'One Night Only' concert series, headlined by Weezer. Above she is photographed throwing up a faulty flying =w=.

More photographs of Vanessa at this event can be viewed here.

- - -
Sara Canning (Actress)

From Sara Canning's iTunes Playlist:

- - -
Doug Benson (Comedian)

From Doug Benson's iTunes Playlist:

In addition, Doug Benson wears a Weezer T-Shirt in his 2007 documentary, Super High Me

- - -
Nick Swardson (Comedian, Actor, Writer)

From Nick Swardson's iTunes Playlist:

- - -

Nate Ruess (Musician, FUN)

From Rolling Stone Magazine:

Weezer: "El Scorcho," Pinkerton, 1996 When Weezer first came out, they were playing a small show in Phoenix, and I remember begging my dad to take me. This song has always been so relatable to me. It does such a good job of saying "Hey - I'm over here!" It's a love song – Rivers is waving his arms out to someone. That's been my whole existence, basically.  I remember the radio station in Phoenix had played it on the radio and I was able to get my cassette player out quick enough to record it off of the radio. I spent the whole weekend having to mow the lawn and do chores, listening to "El Scorcho" on repeat. When Pinkerton came out, that changed everything for me. It made me want to be in a band. It finally felt like I was starting to belong to something. I know Rolling Stone trashed Pinkerton at first when it came out, but now it's a five-star classic.

From SPIN Magazine:

"My dad dragged me to a Bruce Springsteen concert as a kid. It was my first concert, but I fell asleep in the middle. My second concert was Weezer on the Pinkerton tour, and Pinkerton is the reason why I'm doing this. I never feel like I fit in anywhere and I discovered Pinkerton, and that is just an album about feeling like you don't belong. My freshman year, I get to high school and everyone fits in these tight-knit groups. I don't belong to anyone, and I go see Weezer and everybody was me. 'El Scorcho' to this day is my favorite song of all time. That made me think, OK, I'm going to be in a band, because I can find other people that don't fit in the same way I do."

- - -  

MUSE (Musicians)

From NME Magazine:  

Matt Bellamy: "I like the new Weezer album. It's short and simple and I like that. When I first heard it, I didn't like it at all but it's really grown on me. I'm mainly saying that because it's been really slagged off in NME.

• Dominic Howard and Christopher Wolstenholme went to a Weezer gig in April 2002.
  • The whole band attended Blue Album night of Weezer's Memories Tour in Los Angeles at the GIbson Amphitheater (11/26/10) and Howard was spotted backstage at Pinkerton night of Weezer's Memories Tour in Los Angeles (11/27/10).

Views: 3272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Updated 12/28/210:

Added Paul Feig, Edgar Wright, Zachary Levi, Vanessa Hudgens, Sara Canning, Doug Benson, and Nick Swardson.  Enjoy!

this is amazing.  thank you!
Ben Kweller likes Weezer too, he even plays Undone on some of his shows.
One of the X-men artist/writers is a Weezer fan.  I had an issue where the x-men were playing a softball game and Jubilee was wearing a Weezer shirt.   I'll try to dig it up and scan it in.
This is very impressive, thanks for putting it together I really enjoyed reading it.

That was an amazing read! Keep it updated!

I'm so badly gonna try what Dane Cook said.

I saw this flash on the TV and I was like "WHOA WEEZER SHIRT?!" glad I'm not going crazy :P

trainwrecked said:
Hey do you have Daniel Tosh on the list!! He recently on a segment of his show Tosh.0 wore the Weezer shirt that was on MySpace!

How about Ludo and Manchester Orchestra?
I went to the Memories Tour at the Gibson Amp In LA and saw people swarming The madden twins (good charlotte), zach levi, Jessica Alba, and Tony Kanal (no doubt) after the show.
It's already on ATW!!!

karl koch [karlophone] said:
now we got to figure out how to move this into ATW

Last Updated 02/10/13: Well, that sure was FUN! I also added MUSE.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video