I attended half of the show in Austin tonight, and as much as I loved it, I hated the fact that there were obviously drugs present. I always thought of Weezer as a good, clean cut band. I'm kinda annoyed that the pothead next to me did not let me enjoy the show to the fullest. Anyone else think all druggies would be kicked out? 

Tags: Drugs, clean, concert, kick, out

Views: 812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not really my choice to be so close to people, and it's hard to back off of someone when you are being squashed as everyone behind you is pushing forward.  

 

I usually let girls stand in front of me so they can see, as they are usually shorter than I am.

 

and yes, chicks use the "oh my friend is over there" tactic all the time to get in front of me.  i don't mind, as long as their hair isn't everywhere.


x ; x said:

lol srsly.

back off, sweaty dudes. your face does not need to be in the hair of the person in front of you. especially if you're not wearing a shirt.

placemats said:

We wear our hair down on purpose so we can start whipping it around when someone we don't like gets into our space. I also like to wear my old Doc Martens.  They make me a little taller and can be used to "accidentally" stomp on the feet of nearby a*******.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

you know what gets my panties in a bind?

 

when girls with long hair don't wear it in a tight bun while at a show.  Seriously, I am sweaty, and your hair sticks to my arms and face when I am standing behind you.

 

Also, dudes that wear backpacks into a show.  What are you carrying in there, a couple hundred inhalers?

anyone else hear that violin?
that's best you could come up with?

Norman said:
anyone else hear that violin?
We are all on drugs.

Maybe work out a little more, drink some muscle milk, or down some cans of spinach so you can fend off the pushers more easily.  Wrap a long sleeve shirt around your waste to mop yourself up with.  We can't help it if you get THAT sweaty.

 

I give you credit for doing your best to respect da ladies though.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Not really my choice to be so close to people, and it's hard to back off of someone when you are being squashed as everyone behind you is pushing forward.  

 

I usually let girls stand in front of me so they can see, as they are usually shorter than I am.

 

and yes, chicks use the "oh my friend is over there" tactic all the time to get in front of me.  i don't mind, as long as their hair isn't everywhere.


x ; x said:

lol srsly.

back off, sweaty dudes. your face does not need to be in the hair of the person in front of you. especially if you're not wearing a shirt.

placemats said:

We wear our hair down on purpose so we can start whipping it around when someone we don't like gets into our space. I also like to wear my old Doc Martens.  They make me a little taller and can be used to "accidentally" stomp on the feet of nearby a*******.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

you know what gets my panties in a bind?

 

when girls with long hair don't wear it in a tight bun while at a show.  Seriously, I am sweaty, and your hair sticks to my arms and face when I am standing behind you.

 

Also, dudes that wear backpacks into a show.  What are you carrying in there, a couple hundred inhalers?

one time at a Beastie Boys concert at the palladium in L.A. (1991 or 1992), i was in the crush of people and some huge super drunk (half passed out) utter meathead behind me started peeing his pants. I knew this because he was so close to me it got on my legs! It was a terrible situation b/c it was just about impossible to move. Plus he was literally incoherent. I could have punched him in the face and he wouldnt have noticed. (Did he even remember the show the next day? sorta doubt it. why even go?) The funny thing was it was about 150 degrees in there and ultra humid due to all the sweat etc. Within 5 minutes my pants were totally dry. (also the dude mysteriously vanished). It was gross to know it had literally evaporated, but less gross than feeling someone elses pee on the back of your calves. Needless to say those pants were trashed the second i got home that night.
Ewww.. that's really disgusting!!

karl koch [karlophone] said:
one time at a Beastie Boys concert at the palladium in L.A. (1991 or 1992), i was in the crush of people and some huge super drunk (half passed out) utter meathead behind me started peeing his pants. I knew this because he was so close to me it got on my legs! It was a terrible situation b/c it was just about impossible to move. Plus he was literally incoherent. I could have punched him in the face and he wouldnt have noticed. (Did he even remember the show the next day? sorta doubt it. why even go?) The funny thing was it was about 150 degrees in there and ultra humid due to all the sweat etc. Within 5 minutes my pants were totally dry. (also the dude mysteriously vanished). It was gross to know it had literally evaporated, but less gross than feeling someone elses pee on the back of your calves. Needless to say those pants were trashed the second i got home that night.
If it were that easy, i'd be all over the spinach.  I bet Poppy has a blast at any concert he attends.

placemats said:

Maybe work out a little more, drink some muscle milk, or down some cans of spinach so you can fend off the pushers more easily.  Wrap a long sleeve shirt around your waste to mop yourself up with.  We can't help it if you get THAT sweaty.

 

I give you credit for doing your best to respect da ladies though.


I think Olive Oyl might be the girl for you.



Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

If it were that easy, i'd be all over the spinach.  I bet Poppy has a blast at any concert he attends.

placemats said:

Maybe work out a little more, drink some muscle milk, or down some cans of spinach so you can fend off the pushers more easily.  Wrap a long sleeve shirt around your waste to mop yourself up with.  We can't help it if you get THAT sweaty.

 

I give you credit for doing your best to respect da ladies though.


Something similar once happened to me. I was at a Smashing Pumpkins show and a drunk guy behind me whipped out his d*** and tried to pee in his empty beer cup. He was so wobbly he missed the cup entirely and got the legs of myself and the person next to me instead. Worst part? It was the middle of August in Virginia so I was wearing shorts that day. Piss on my bare legs...


karl koch [karlophone] said:

one time at a Beastie Boys concert at the palladium in L.A. (1991 or 1992), i was in the crush of people and some huge super drunk (half passed out) utter meathead behind me started peeing his pants. I knew this because he was so close to me it got on my legs! It was a terrible situation b/c it was just about impossible to move. Plus he was literally incoherent. I could have punched him in the face and he wouldnt have noticed. (Did he even remember the show the next day? sorta doubt it. why even go?) The funny thing was it was about 150 degrees in there and ultra humid due to all the sweat etc. Within 5 minutes my pants were totally dry. (also the dude mysteriously vanished). It was gross to know it had literally evaporated, but less gross than feeling someone elses pee on the back of your calves. Needless to say those pants were trashed the second i got home that night.
Both of those stories are horribly disgusting. I am disgusted.

Jen said:

Something similar once happened to me. I was at a Smashing Pumpkins show and a drunk guy behind me whipped out his d*** and tried to pee in his empty beer cup. He was so wobbly he missed the cup entirely and got the legs of myself and the person next to me instead. Worst part? It was the middle of August in Virginia so I was wearing shorts that day. Piss on my bare legs...


karl koch [karlophone] said:

one time at a Beastie Boys concert at the palladium in L.A. (1991 or 1992), i was in the crush of people and some huge super drunk (half passed out) utter meathead behind me started peeing his pants. I knew this because he was so close to me it got on my legs! It was a terrible situation b/c it was just about impossible to move. Plus he was literally incoherent. I could have punched him in the face and he wouldnt have noticed. (Did he even remember the show the next day? sorta doubt it. why even go?) The funny thing was it was about 150 degrees in there and ultra humid due to all the sweat etc. Within 5 minutes my pants were totally dry. (also the dude mysteriously vanished). It was gross to know it had literally evaporated, but less gross than feeling someone elses pee on the back of your calves. Needless to say those pants were trashed the second i got home that night.

Pee is sterile. Does that help? 

 

...no, I didn't think so.

While we're on the subject of being annoyed at concerts, I have to ask: Does anyone else get all pissed off when Weezer tosses out those beach balls? I mean, I get it. It's a fun concert thing. What ends up happening, though, is some douche bag jumps up for a spike and comes back down and crushes your toes, or someone whacks you in the face going after it. Or, it hits me in the face when I am completely absorbed in some song I've always wanted to hear live.

 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video