I attended half of the show in Austin tonight, and as much as I loved it, I hated the fact that there were obviously drugs present. I always thought of Weezer as a good, clean cut band. I'm kinda annoyed that the pothead next to me did not let me enjoy the show to the fullest. Anyone else think all druggies would be kicked out? 

Tags: Drugs, clean, concert, kick, out

Views: 811

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you put your weed in there

*edit* unless you're in NYC and plan on taking the subway. bags are subject to random searches. then you need to hide in your sock or in your undies

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Also, dudes that wear backpacks into a show.  What are you carrying in there, a couple hundred inhalers?

Did you really go to a rock concert expecting everyone to act in the same manner as you?
It was my first. Didn't really know what to expect but surprisingly a majority of the people were quite normal. :)

Jordan said:
Did you really go to a rock concert expecting everyone to act in the same manner as you?

I think someone mentioned this on the forum a while ago, but remember that episode of American Dad where the newspaper read something like "Oil Prices Higher Than Guy at Weezer Concert?" hahaha

When we saw them at Voodoo Fest, there was lots of weed around, but it didn't bother me--it really does enhance how music sounds. (Pinkerton while baked? Do you know what an eargasm is???) Funny you mentioned it was your first concert. Voodoo was the second time I saw Weezer, but the first time I ever saw people unabashedly smoking at a public concert (I'm kind of a square, I guess.) I heard a dad behind me trying to tell his young daughters that they were smoking cloves.

What did bother me was the guy in front of me who was on ecstasy who was dancing around, knocking into people, and sweating like crazy. He kept flinging his hair back and drenching me with his stinky sweat. He was super smelly and obnoxious. I guess that's just one of the hazards of rock concerts, though, and being close to the front. 

We wear our hair down on purpose so we can start whipping it around when someone we don't like gets into our space. I also like to wear my old Doc Martens.  They make me a little taller and can be used to "accidentally" stomp on the feet of nearby a*******.

you know what gets my panties in a bind?

when girls with long hair don't wear it in a tight bun while at a show.  Seriously, I am sweaty, and your hair sticks to my arms and face when I am standing behind you.

Also, dudes that wear backpacks into a show.  What are you carrying in there, a couple hundred inhalers?

i had 2g of ket before a rammstein concert

not really that would of been a deadly mix

lol srsly.

back off, sweaty dudes. your face does not need to be in the hair of the person in front of you. especially if you're not wearing a shirt.

placemats said:

We wear our hair down on purpose so we can start whipping it around when someone we don't like gets into our space. I also like to wear my old Doc Martens.  They make me a little taller and can be used to "accidentally" stomp on the feet of nearby a*******.

when girls with long hair don't wear it in a tight bun while at a show.  Seriously, I am sweaty, and your hair sticks to my arms and face when I am standing behind you.

well it also depends on how they got in front of you, if someone used to old "my friends are over there" to walk into the space that I was standing in, then they're in for a wold of annoyance

x ; x said:

lol srsly.

back off, sweaty dudes. your face does not need to be in the hair of the person in front of you. especially if you're not wearing a shirt.

placemats said:

just wondering, what were you expecting at a rock concert, especially when you were near the front? for everyone to stand there like it's a school assembly? you wouldn't believe these things called moshpits... xD
There was some long-haired guy like this right in front of me and some other folks. He was pretty baked and probably a lot of other stuff. A couple girls in front of me kept pushing him back when he started falling back at them and he was elbowing them pretty rough. I really don't like people that smoke right in your face either. He left for a while to go get a beer or do something, but then came back and lit right up around everyone. It would have been nice if he lit up when he went away. These shows were really not that bad though for potheads in Austin. I have been to worse shows with my brother. One show I couldn't breathe anymore in the crowd from a combination of cigarrette and pot that I had to watch it from the back so I could actually breathe. I was near the front on the left side in a yellow shirt at the Pinkerton show. Most of the people around were pretty normal and actually really nice. One girl was getting drinks for all her friends and was nice enough to get a water for me and she didn't even know me. It was just that one annoying guy.
As much as I agree with you, over half the people in the venue would have to leave, creating a very poor atmosphere
I agree. But I understand it's not the band's fault. 

Ryan Schick said:
As much as I agree with you, over half the people in the venue would have to leave, creating a very poor atmosphere

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video