I was just offered an Epiphone SG autographed by Weezer by someone on facebook.  They say that they won it in an Axe Music sweepstakes. 

I'll add pictures too.  Thanks.

Tags: autographed, guitar, weezer

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The signatures look legit but I don't know of there was a sweepstakes or not and I can't find any info about it on google. Who was it and how much did he offer you for it. It could possibly be real, but it could also be a scam. Just make sure you check out the guitar and find some more info about it. Sorry that I was not much of a help...:(
I got a signed poster by weezer and the signatures look the same,
how much are they selling it for?
He asked for $500 but I talked him down to $400.  I'm sure this is legitimate because he provided me with the guitar model number and link to the sweepstakes.  I think I'm going to do it.
Real SGs won't sell for less than 800 unless it's used. Adding signatures usually adds value on the fan market. So it's either not real or the seller is herpin' and a derpin'.
Yeah, with something at such a high stake, I would not only email Karl to confirm the authenticity but also you should try to see if you can find out the name of the winner if it was posted somewhere.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:
karl is the only one that can confirm such a thing. email him.
The thing is: this guy doesn't even know who Weezer is.  He just won it and wants to sell it.  So, I think he's pretty ignorant towards the whole fan market.  He did include a current link to a signed guitar auction on ebay right now going for 800.  But he said he would be happy with 500.  I'm pretty certain this is real, but I sent Karl a message.  Hopefully he will reply soon...
the autographs do look pretty accurate
Thats cos this is an Epiphone SG its really an SG copy. The sound quality on the guitar itself is decent, i used to have one.

G Foo Chombey said:
Real SGs won't sell for less than 800 unless it's used. Adding signatures usually adds value on the fan market. So it's either not real or the seller is herpin' and a derpin'.
That's definitely Rivers' sig.

Thanks for all of your input guys.  I bought it and it will be shipping soon.

I can post my own pics when it comes if anyone is interested. 

Yep, autographs look correct, but definitely email Karl first. He'll be able to verify it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video