With SFTBH looking more and more inevitable, I think it's important to look at reasons why you'd hope it would be. I for one stand by my opinion that a final commercial release of SFTBH as a band would reignite something for Rivers. I'd like to believe his recent renewed interest in those songs isn't something based on money. Only Weezer fans would know the songs and when better to release them as an album than after a series of shows highlighting them? The fact that new lyrics for Blast Off even exist is incredible. It makes sense to freshen up. What could they do that would be better? I honestly don't expect the Yellow album or the Purple album anytime soon. Rivers said he wanted to do something big. What's bigger than a rock opera about outer space with rockstar undertones, short of adding mutant alien lobsters to just that?

Views: 85

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

New lyrics for Blast Off? Where are these lyrics? But yes, I agree with you for the most part.

1. I haven't heard anything that would suggest that the music the band is working on is SFTBH. From what I understand, Pat has been presented with new demos which sound like classic Weezer.

2. I would much rather Rivers attempt something new than go back to the SFTBH well. I know most of those songs like the back of my hand and don't want today's Weezer attempting (and most likely failing) to match old versions of them.

We always have the originals, so if they wanted to re-do them, and then they aren't as good, I won't mind, because I can just listen to the originals.

I do not want weezer trying to re-hash old music either.  Rivers can still write good songs, and I'm excited to hear the new stuff.

Gohi said:

1. I haven't heard anything that would suggest that the music the band is working on is SFTBH. From what I understand, Pat has been presented with new demos which sound like classic Weezer.

2. I would much rather Rivers attempt something new than go back to the SFTBH well. I know most of those songs like the back of my hand and don't want today's Weezer attempting (and most likely failing) to match old versions of them.

You don't know the Blast Off lyrics are new. It's possible, so that Brian can replace Karl in concert; but they could've just as easily been written when the song was, for the same purpose.
I want to see Brian use the talk box to mimic the robot

Jordan said:
You don't know the Blast Off lyrics are new. It's possible, so that Brian can replace Karl in concert; but they could've just as easily been written when the song was, for the same purpose.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
I want to see Brian Karl use the talk box to mimic the robot

Jordan said:
troo troo

Jordan said:

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
I want to see Brian Karl use the talk box to mimic the robot

Jordan said:
yeh - didnt u guys hear. pat has rivers new 'classic wizzzuer'  demos. classsssic wouxzzzer is back, b******. f*** all you haters. me and gohi are goin to the top.
hell yeah gene. see ya on the cruise.
How valid is your info Gohi? The way number 2 sounds, it sounds as if it came from some boardie.......

#2 is just an opinion. Not sure what you mean.

#1 is valid info, broheim. He actually mentioned that in an interview recently too, but the interviewer assumed he meant the "Slurpee" stuff.

I'm really surprised you all managed to respond like relatively intelligent people. That's awesome. I hate posting stuff only to be hounded by idiots. But I didn't read an opinion I didn't agree with. I don't imagine they would spoil SFTBH though, even now. I think that old spark just relit itself in a big way. I'm just suspicious because they've played Blast off, IJTOTLOMD, Superfriend, and after this huge Pinkerton resurgence, I think SOMETHING is bound to happen. I think it would also explain the strange soundbites Rivers was working with. Typically, Weezer is very anxious and for the most part (Despite our obsessive, impatient, fandom) very quick to release "new" material. I think, if they are in fact revamping SFTBH, they would take their sweet time like they have been.  Also, I don't want to get TOO crazy, but I think it's a little convenient as well that Weezer has been around Matt Sharp so much lately. They shared time at the same studio, they've taken photos together, and Weezer is playing a show with the Rentals for God's sake. Also, the new Blast Off lyrics were in a ustream. I'll try to get links.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video