With SFTBH looking more and more inevitable, I think it's important to look at reasons why you'd hope it would be. I for one stand by my opinion that a final commercial release of SFTBH as a band would reignite something for Rivers. I'd like to believe his recent renewed interest in those songs isn't something based on money. Only Weezer fans would know the songs and when better to release them as an album than after a series of shows highlighting them? The fact that new lyrics for Blast Off even exist is incredible. It makes sense to freshen up. What could they do that would be better? I honestly don't expect the Yellow album or the Purple album anytime soon. Rivers said he wanted to do something big. What's bigger than a rock opera about outer space with rockstar undertones, short of adding mutant alien lobsters to just that?

Views: 85

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

you know, i thought kenny only turned angry after the board switch, but then i found this thread:

http://classic.weezer.com/forum/default.aspx?cid=626&tid=442690

he's really hung up on placemats having kids.

green stool [berry] said:

did anyone ever send kenny that sftbh cd he was after?

oh nevermind i guess kenny has always been a d***.

time to revisit some kenny klassics.

kenny needs sftbh!

kenny posts his address!

kenny is still somehow the biggest failure in this thread

kenny doesn't want to brag (how'd this one turn out for you?)

kenny gets confused (and rivers eats a d***)

i never thought i'd miss the old board but i just realised there are actually two things i miss:

1. swearing

2. this_is_a_recording

rocksteady, mon!

i think i had made the comparison between blueperton and kenny as a joke once, but i had never been totally sure because he hasn't been posting as much. the same weird disdain for placemats is what really gave him away.

that plus his facebook profile picture matches the one he's got for an avatar.

brofessefef said:

I didn't realise this was Kenny.  Hi Kenny, your old friend mynameisjonus here.

Also, I'd pretty much forgotten half of that stuff - nice work biebs.

This is awesome!

and Kenny sucks.  especially after this:

"I'm really surprised you all managed to respond like relatively intelligent people. That's awesome. I hate posting stuff only to be hounded by idiots."

brofessefef said:

A gift.  From me, to you.

kittens bieber ♥ said:

i think i had made the comparison between blueperton and kenny as a joke once, but i had never been totally sure because he hasn't been posting as much. the same weird disdain for placemats is what really gave him away.

that plus his facebook profile picture matches the one he's got for an avatar.

brofessefef said:

I didn't realise this was Kenny.  Hi Kenny, your old friend mynameisjonus here.

Also, I'd pretty much forgotten half of that stuff - nice work biebs.

brofessefef said:

A gift.  From me, to you.

Kittens, you're still the little jewish looking fairy from Canada, right? So much has changed in a year.

oh snap, stefan just got BURNED.

Blueperton said:

Kittens, you're still the little jewish looking fairy from Canada, right? So much has changed in a year.
harsh
ok, this has veered far enough off-topic.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video