With SFTBH looking more and more inevitable, I think it's important to look at reasons why you'd hope it would be. I for one stand by my opinion that a final commercial release of SFTBH as a band would reignite something for Rivers. I'd like to believe his recent renewed interest in those songs isn't something based on money. Only Weezer fans would know the songs and when better to release them as an album than after a series of shows highlighting them? The fact that new lyrics for Blast Off even exist is incredible. It makes sense to freshen up. What could they do that would be better? I honestly don't expect the Yellow album or the Purple album anytime soon. Rivers said he wanted to do something big. What's bigger than a rock opera about outer space with rockstar undertones, short of adding mutant alien lobsters to just that?

Views: 85

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I won't really get my hopes up, but that would be amazing. With all the SFTBH songs being played, I'm hoping that they'll play Blast Off!, IJTOTLOMD, Superfriend, etc. at the PNC show with the Flaming Lips. They did say both bands would do things they've never done before so fingers crossed!

Blueperton said:
Also, the new Blast Off lyrics were in a ustream. I'll try to get links.
"Things they've never done before..." refers more to theatrics and not at all to setlist. They're not gonna do a bunch of obscure b-sides when half the people watching them are Flaming Lips fans.

blockedhisown-shot said:
I won't really get my hopes up, but that would be amazing. With all the SFTBH songs being played, I'm hoping that they'll play Blast Off!, IJTOTLOMD, Superfriend, etc. at the PNC show with the Flaming Lips. They did say both bands would do things they've never done before so fingers crossed!
I read that they're doing Blast Off with Wayne Coyne and possibly the whole band.
sure you did.
I've noticed your comments typically stem from stupidity. Are you autistic by any chance?
Where did you read the Blast Off assertion?

Blueperton said:
I've noticed your comments typically stem from stupidity. Are you autistic by any chance?
Placemats, aren't you the one that's been pregnant like 15 times? I think you're the one with the little mongoloids running around, right?
so then you didn't actually read that thing about "blast off" anywhere. got it.
did anyone ever send kenny that sftbh cd he was after?

I'd like to hear a 2011 Weezer version of SFTBH, as has been said we have and are accustomed to the 90s demos and B sides so what harm could a contemporary take on the album cause. The main reason I want it to happen is to have a consistent version in terms of quality of recording and to see how the planned vocal arrangements would work.

The band seems to have the energy and the enthusiasm to dip into their earlier catalogue of songs right now, so it's as good a time as any.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video