Thank you so much guys! it was the best show that i have ever been to in my life, it was good that Rivers played guitar on basically every song and got very interactive with the crowd, i touched his hand :P it was also amazing to hear some of the b-sides and a lot of stuff from Blue, Pinkerton and some recent stuff.

Thank you so so so so much! it was absolutely amazing and i caught a drumstick :D!.

Also i met someone who abslotely loves Weezer like me, we knew every song and all the b-sides etc, it was great :).

The only thing that was strange was that Brian didn't look as happy and didn't smile as much as the rest of the band, does anyone know why?.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pat never plays on Undone aside from Memories shows.
Oh that's why he went off stage during "Only In Dreams" thanks :) hopefully i'll see you at another concert.

Neal C said:

Best gig ever !! hugh i seemed to see you loads i never said hi though, i also saw you on the tube home you  were showing off the drum stick and there was that dude with the weezer tattoo everyone thought was ace lol!

Anyway i was right at the front - infront of Brian and he was real pissed because the roadies had messed his guitar setup up, did you see where in one song the roadie had to fix up his guitar lead in the middle of a song an he got really mad! i loved it haha (he also went off-stage to sort something out aswell?)

ACE NIGHT THOUGH ! i was queuing since about 3/4PM and got in the o2 privilege line not even being on o2 they just let me in aha..

Here's me >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EW1lV9YQ0o

I had waited about 12 years/just under to finally see Weezer having missed the last Brixton show because I was young(er) and not used to going to London and not really being part of a festival going crowd. Was annoyed to discover there was an O2 customer priority line though - was told it was only short so probably wouldn't make much difference but then loads of people were coming through and they weren't even checking! I am short and *need* to be at barrier or close enough to see a damn thing and still get the atmosphere so was pretty gutted, but happy when someone came along and asked us how long we'd been here and let us go through - I had been there since just after 3! I did get close to barrier but stuck behind two tall-ish guys and got a bit crushed cause I had nothing to lean on/hold on to but it was honestly one of the best nights of my life ^_^ It didn't even matter that 'Why Bother?' wasn't on the setlist and I coulda cried with joy when they played 'The Good Life'. Also met some other fans on the tube journey back to the hotel. 

If anyone spoke to me/recognises me feel free to say hello, i'd like more weezer fans to talk to hehe ^_^ 

the floor of the academy slopes downwards towards the stage, so you can stand further back and see over people quite easily. i speak from experience (both of standing further back and being relatively short).

Jess T said:

I am short and *need* to be at barrier or close enough to see a damn thing

So so good. As long as they come back next year, I'll be happy.

Also, did anyone see sweaty, crazy, crowdsurfing Jesus?

I suppose.. but then I struggle to get into it and I have a camera too.. though i did get to touch Rivers so it's not all bad like I said despite some of the things that would normally bug me loads at a gig it was the best night of my life so far and I wanna do it all over again! 

sad tomato [berry] said:
the floor of the academy slopes downwards towards the stage, so you can stand further back and see over people quite easily. i speak from experience (both of standing further back and being relatively short).

Jess T said:

I am short and *need* to be at barrier or close enough to see a damn thing

On another note, does anyone know what all the cameras (on stage and filming the crowd) were for? Is there gonna be a dvd release of the show, or a digital download or something?
Karl films every show like that. Don't hold your breath for a Weezer DVD (or at least a full concert). The only shows that have been released as official bootlegs this year have been Memories shows but maybe Brixton will get that treatment as well.
I hope so. Kinda cool they film it for personal watch-back I guess but it'd be nice to be able to re-live the show even if it's just a bootleg/audio. Though there's enough on YouTube to do a DIY bootleg lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video