Does anybody agree that Mikey Welsh should've played on one more album? The Green album was a great album in my mind, yeah it's a little repetitive, but is there really anything wrong with it? Are there any stupid collaborations with Lil Wayne on it? I'm just saying I liked this lineup, and I think shouldve been given one more chance.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listen to Maladroit again. It should lay to rest any ideas you have about who the better bass player is (SHHHHHRRRINNNNERRR BBBAAABBEEEE.........!)

American Gigolo said:
Listen to Maladroit again. It should lay to rest any ideas you have about who the better bass player is (SHHHHHRRRINNNNERRR BBBAAABBEEEE.........!)

have you even heard the opening not of hash pipe!!!! THIS GUY IS A JEANIUSE
i agree. they should bring him back. maybe they can have two bassists in the group. that'd be different
I PREFER SCOTT, HANDS DOWN.

G Foo Chombey said:

Dylan West said:
SCOTT SHRINER IS MORE BADASS THAN CHUCK NORRIS!!!

:-D
No I mean I'm not saying weezer fired him or whatever, or he left. I'm just saying wouldn't you guys have wanted to see mikey welsh play on at least 2 albums. at least scott shriner has the rep for playin on maladroit, that album is just kick ass.

Dylan West said:
SCOTT SHRINER IS MORE BADASS THAN CHUCK NORRIS!!!

How dare you sir?

But ya Mikey Welsh was pretty cool. You're post is kinda confusing though. I don't think it was like, they fired him because they were upset about his work or anything. I'm not sure if its true or not but I heard he left cause of personal issues.

Seperate note, Can't Stop Partying is an awesome song.
I don't think mikey welsh made a difference to the green album

runnersdialzero said:

reconrose said:
I dont see how lil wayne collab has anything to do with who is bassist

This is why I luff you, reconrose. Well, that and the Sea Change avatar and your general awesomeness.
oh runners

Matt was cool, Mikey was cool, and Scott is super bad-ass.

I'm glad Matt left, because he was then able to make the Rentals, Songs About Time. I'm glad Mikey left, because he makes some really cool art. I'm glad Scott is in there because awesome. He's got a snaggle tooth smile, plays worn down basses, and sings one of my favorite Weezer tracks, King.
The Green album is my favourite album and Mikey is by far my favourite bassist.
If you listen to the Maladroit demo's Mikey is playing and the bass line for the demo of "Burndt Jamb" is absolutely amazing and so are many other songs.

American Gigolo said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video