When I saw Weezer in Paso Robles, I was waiting in front of the arena with my friends, and Brian walked right by me, and I said "Brian Bell?! Can't wait for the show man!" and He just kind of looked at me and like dodged me. Is he always like this? Let me just say it was kind shitty. But oh well, they put on an amazing show.

Views: 1457

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

i met brian back in '01 in Denver after the get up kids got my car towed, way nice guy...came outa the tour bus when rivers wouldn't. got pictures with um' & the whole deal...good time great oldies...
Eh, probably not, I "touched" him after he walked past me lol
It doesn't really matter either way. The guy is not beholden to you and if he was busy or in a foul mood, he has a right to ignore some annoying fan. Sorry.

Josh Kitchen said:
Eh, probably not, I "touched" him after he walked past me lol
"Some Annoying fan" that was kind of bitchy. I guarantee I was the only one in that stretch of about 35 feet who even recognized him. My friends didnt know who he was. I support the hell out of him and the other guys, the least he could have done was say "Hello." But hey I'm not mad. From what I have been reading he usually is super nice. Oh well I caught him at a bad time, I'll move on. But I sure as hell am not "Some Annoying Fan."
And the funny part is on stage Brian said I met this girl out there who all she wants to hear is Dope Nose, and she plays it every morning. And they played it for her (Insert her name here)

To which I told my girlfriend I guess I just wasnt pretty enough.......
maybe it wasn't Brian Bell....
I know Brian Bell when I sees him! Silver suit, sunglasses. He looked pretty awesome. Signature long hair. I still go with my first thought. He really had to pee, or had diahrrea.
Josh Kitchen said:
I know Brian Bell when I sees him! Silver suit, sunglasses. He looked pretty awesome. Signature long hair. I still go with my first thought. He really had to pee, or had diahrrea.

Silver Suit?

Now that's sass.
You're making a thread claiming Bell dissed you like it was personal and that you were all "depressed" about it. No offense, but that's annoying.

And also no offense, but sometimes all fans are annoying, no matter how well-meaning. I'm just saying- your musical heroes are people too and sometimes they don't want to talk to you. Just like sometimes you probably don't want to talk to your friends or random strangers.

Josh Kitchen said:
"Some Annoying fan" that was kind of bitchy. I guarantee I was the only one in that stretch of about 35 feet who even recognized him. My friends didnt know who he was. I support the hell out of him and the other guys, the least he could have done was say "Hello." But hey I'm not mad. From what I have been reading he usually is super nice. Oh well I caught him at a bad time, I'll move on. But I sure as hell am not "Some Annoying Fan."
I was simply stating that immediately after the "event" I did feel depressed. Wouldnt any one? Immediatly after being ignored by a musical hero? I dont think any one here would feel super excited about that. Yeah it was kind of depressing for a little bit after that happened, but then i got my seat in the 7th row and all was well. I did make a point to ask if he was always like this, so that the whole thread wasnt just me whining. But oh well. I dont want to make enemies here. Sorry you feel I am annoying.
People sometimes don't realize (or maybe they forget?) that musicians are humans. They are people. When they are not on stage, they are not performing, they may want some down time, they may have just received some bad news, they could be tired or hung over or all sort of things. When so many people are demanding of their attention - it can be challenging to always give it.

Also, they can be insanely busy (or even exhausted) right before or after a show. You should have reasonable expectations. You shouted at Brian and he didn't respond. Okay, no big deal. If you go in thinking "oh i know he's busy but maybe he'll come over here if I ask him" you won't be disappointed, but you will be let down if you automatically assume that he will give you the attention you are seeking just because you're seeking it.
I agree with you. I was very excited. But I didnt shout. I was extremely soft spoken.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video