What's your favorite book?

Views: 319

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Man that's an incredible book. Probably my favourite novel ever. 
..but I don't really want to see Rivers writing as if he is a 15 year old boy with autism lol 

Claudia A said:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.  It's written from the point of view of a boy with autism.  Brilliant book.

I mentioned this on facebook but how about " True Grit"... Great novel and the movie is fantastic. The music sure is an inspiration in itself.

Nothing is more fascinating then our own history and the different eras in time.

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb

The Handmaid's Tail by Margaret Atwood

"Lone Survivor"  by  Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell 

lil book info:

On a clear night in late June 2005, four U.S. Navy SEALs left their base in northern Afghanistan for the mountainous Pakistani border. Their mission was to capture or kill a notorious al Qaeda leader known to be ensconced in a Taliban stronghold surrounded by a small but heavily armed force. Less then twenty-four hours later, only one of those Navy SEALs remained alive. 

This is the story of fire team leader Marcus Luttrell, the sole survivor of Operation Redwing, and the desperate battle in the mountains that led, ultimately, to the largest loss of life in Navy SEAL history. But it is also, more than anything, the story of his teammates, who fought ferociously beside him until he was the last one left-blasted unconscious by a rocket grenade, blown over a cliff, but still armed and still breathing. Over the next four days, badly injured and presumed dead, Luttrell fought off six al Qaeda assassins who were sent to finish him, then crawled for seven miles through the mountains before he was taken in by a Pashtun tribe, who risked everything to protect him from the encircling Taliban killers.

A six-foot-five-inch Texan, Leading Petty Officer Luttrell takes us, blow-by-blow, through the brutal training of America's warrior elite and the relentless rites of passage required by the Navy SEALs. He transports us to a monstrous battle fought in the desolate peaks of Afghanistan, where the beleaguered American team plummeted headlong a thousand feet down a mountain as they fought back through flying shale and rocks. In this rich , moving chronicle of courage, honor, and patriotism, Marcus Luttrell delivers one of the most powerful narratives ever written about modern warfare-and a tribute to his teammates, who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country

This book made me burst into tears on a flight from Scranton to Dallas.  It has some definite political overtones however it highlights some unbelievably strong heroic individuals fighting for a cause they truly are dedicated to.  I dare anyone to read this account and not be emotionally moved regardless of your political views.

I meant...The Handmaid's Tale :)

tinyknits said:

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb

The Handmaid's Tail by Margaret Atwood

Scott Pilgrim.
I can't believe no one has mentioned this one.  Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Nothing wrong with that.

Stephen King is great, i'd suggest many books from him. Especially The Shining..

As a matter of fact I'd recommend "IT" to rivers. One of the scariest books ever written, and it really shows people coming together against an evil.

Malachi steven Henderson said:

My favorite is stephen Kings The Shinning cause it is cool and im only 13

Even though it's a teen book, King Dork by Frank Portman is an awesome novel about the wondeful theme of teenage self-loathing and confusion.

And of course, The Catcher in the Rye and The bell Jar.

The Hunger Games series.

They're pretty intense though, mostly about fighting for survival and some romance.

Probably pretty easy to be inspired by it if you're a songwriter...

The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Such a good one! Twisted.

Sean Blake (sean_e_b) said:
Agreed, awesome book!

Dorian Zelaya said:
American Psycho-its about a crazy banker named patrick bateman and he goes around murdering people,eating them etc. and its in 1st person so he describes how he kills people very discriptively,its sorta nasty

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video