What's your favorite book?

Views: 319

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

alright i just dont like mixin stuff up

Thomaz Santos said:
Relax, Bass Playa, there's no problem

Bass Playa said:
Your right i checked it rght after i typed it. Scar Tissue is on Califonation. Sorry my bad on that one
I was talking about the book scar tissue, its by Anthony Kiedis the lead singer of the chili peppers, its his autobiography. but i do love the song and the californication album.

Thomaz Santos said:

Bass Playa said:
Your right i checked it rght after i typed it. Scar Tissue is on Califonation. Sorry my bad on that one
Sting's Autobiography 'Broken Music' is actually very interesting and inspiring.
Memnoch the Devil, or anything else from the Vampire Chronicles.
East of Eden by Steinbeck. Very poetic and moving. I loved every page of it.
I heard there were plans of making a tv show from Scar Tissue, the book, is that true? Anyway, I haven't read, might as well just give it a try

Brian Spleen said:
I was talking about the book scar tissue, its by Anthony Kiedis the lead singer of the chili peppers, its his autobiography. but i do love the song and the californication album.

Thomaz Santos said:

Bass Playa said:
people may not class this as a book but Neil Gaimans 'the sandman endless nights' is really special i think.
also 'let the right one in' is a good one aswell
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, by William L. Shirer

It's an amazing book.
In the age of titles such as "No, Please, Daddy, Not There!" and "Mummy No!" I find the classics are by far the best............

Fear and Loathing
The Bell Jar - the original misery memoirs very intense!!
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
The Dice Man
The Catcher in the Rye

All amazing cult classics!! ;-)
the old man and the sea. read it when i was a kid and it helps me everyday.
I don't really know if these books will be helpful for songwriting, but you created the legendary album from Madama Butterfly, so I'll just post it and leave it up to you.:)

My all time favorite is
The Chronicles of Narnia...all seven books. This is a children's book but when I first read it I was already an adult, and still it gave me a great impact. In fact it made me cry and became my favorite book of all time. If I didn't know God, this story wouldn't have spoken to my heart like it did though.

then the second is
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...another children's book. lol This book, I read when I was probably in the 3rd grade or so. Loved the adventures, surprises, fantasy, and moral lessons that this book had. I can't forget the excitement of reading this book, just like the excitement I got when I first watched Back to the Future at the theater and when I first saw Weezer at LA Forum.

And
Peter and Wendy...you guessed it right, another children's book. lol Rivers on stage reminds me of Peter Pan who wouldn't grow up, and he takes us to Neverland! May sound corny but that's how I really feel.

Now, a little more serious ones
Any books written by Souseki Natsume...I read his books in Japanese, so I don't know how it'd be like reading them in English(if you could find them). I'm especially fond of
Kokoro, Sorekara(And Then), Higan Sugi Made(To The Spring Eqinox And Beyond), Wagahai wa Neko de aru(I am a Cat).

Lastly
The Bible...I'll be lost without it.
My favorite is stephen Kings The Shinning cause it is cool and im only 13

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service